How to delete an stp report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TheTeaLady
Trusted Partner
45 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

45Posts

5Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to delete an stp report

This week a person did the pays with an error. One employee was paid far too much. The aba file was sent to the bank and the STP report sent.

The pay person however realised their mistake and made another pay for the employee. This created another stp report. which is Not Sent.

At my request the person deleted the second attempt as we have made arrangements with the overpaid employee to shortpay them for the next two weeks (they are in total agreement).

However the stp report remains sitting there "not sent" as its a mistake. What can I do about it? Any suggestions gratefully received.

17 REPLIES 17
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: How to delete an stp report

Hi @TheTeaLady 

Once a pay event is showing in the Payroll Reporting Centre we don't have the option to remove from there. This is intentionally designed to provide an audit trail and references for what has occurred in relation to your pays.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

TheTeaLady
Trusted Partner
45 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

45Posts

5Kudos

2Solutions

So do I just leave it sit there?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @TheTeaLady 

That is correct, that pay event would just need to remain sitting in there.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

AndreaKT
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

My problem is that the ATO gross on that employee is including the mistakes so there are now two diffferent versions of what her annual gross was.  The payment summary printed from MYOB is correct but the ATO total includes the amounts in the error pay runs looking like she earned more that she did.  How do I sort this out.  Do I need to send something to the ATO to explain?  Your help would be much appreciated.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @AndreaKT 

As MYOB will report the year-to-date information, if you do make a mistake with a pay or need to make an adjustment you can make that required change/adjustment in your MYOB product. When you next process a pay that updated information will be reported through to the ATO.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Jenny_0223
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Steve,

Hope you well.

I have a similar issue when I prepared the payroll for one of my employees, I clicked a wrong working period from 1st August to 31st August. I noticed that after the payslip has been generated. So I generate a new payslip with correct working date 1st July to 31st July, and I deleted all records for August payslip in MYOB. But how can I remove it from STP and also it shows in my business portal? Is there any way to do amendments? Or is that can be fixed by end of this year? As currently, the EOFY Finalisation shows the person has been paid two months (July and August) which need to be fixed.

Could you please kindly advise how to fix this issue?

Thanks 

Jenny

STP issue.PNG
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

335Kudos

195Solutions

Hi @Jenny_0223 

As per @Steven_M ‘s reply you can’t delete or remove reports from the reporting centre or from the Business Portal.  

To correct the YTD amounts in STP you can process $0 pays and declare that zero payrun.  The ATO allow us 14 days from when we find an error to correct it. Since your payruns are monthly you will need to do a $0 pay update event to remain inside the 14 days, instead of waiting for the amounts to be corrected in the next payrun.

Cheers

Tracey

Jenny_0223
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your reply.

As the amount already showed as two month's salary, so I can do another August payslip for the with $0 to replace it? Or I need re-issue such a -$6000 payslip to balance the total amount?

Thanks

Jenny

bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

335Kudos

195Solutions

Hi @Jenny_0223 

As you have deleted the incorrect pay, your YTD amounts in MYOB will be correct ie July payruns. So you just need to push those correct YTD amounts through to STP. You do that by processing $0 pays, you can make the payment date todays date. The ATO only look at the YTD amounts and each report we send is time and date stamped. They use that time and date stamp to determine the most recent report, not the pay period dates.

Each STP report overrides the previous one so you only need to make sure the YTD amounts are correct in the latest report.  

Hope this clarifies it

Tracey

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post