How to link the reportable super in the Payment Summary set up when it includes the Guarantee as well.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Trishelle
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to link the reportable super in the Payment Summary set up when it includes the Guarantee as well.

Using Accountright 19.1 or 2.  An accountant at our request changed the super contribution for one employee to 15% in November last year.  Unfortunately it doesn't differentiate between the Super Guarantee and the extra so how do I link the category in Reportable Employer Super in Payment Summary set up?  I assume any Super above the 9.5 is reportable.  Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: How to link the reportable super in the Payment Summary set up when it includes the Guarantee as well.

@Trishelle 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Yes if the employee has a say in the added super it is RESC.

If the % raise was done by the employer and all employees received it no it is normal super G'Tee.

For it to be reported seperately as RESC you must first setup the extra % as a Salary Sacrfice Super and track it seperatley in a Liability account.

If the % only was changed then you will need to manually go back over every pay and calculate the difference in super amounts then do a journal move it into a new RESC liability account make sure you make plenty of notes to explain it. You will also have to manually enter the amount on the payment summaries.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Trishelle
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Re: How to link the reportable super in the Payment Summary set up when it includes the Guarantee as well.

Thank you for the information - if only one employee received it after a discussion with employer about extra super payments as in the Barefoot Investor book and the employer said we will pay you 15% is that still classed as Salary Sacrifice?

GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

Yes it is as the employee had the discussion with the employer.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post