How to reverse a reverse super payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KatharineM
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to reverse a reverse super payment

Hi There

I incorrectly reversed a super payment and want to delete the reversal. The 'delete' and 'reverse' options in the edit tab are greyed out so I can't do that.

I've gone into my security preferences and the 'reverse only' option is not ticked.

I don't think I can just do a journal entry because the reversal included all the individual employees super figures for the quarter so I think that would affect something in STP.

Any advice would be appreciated. Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
KatharineM
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How to reverse a reverse super payment

I realised I can just redo the original transaction.

Previously I had reversed a transaction twice with super. I'd still like some advice on how to delete an incorrect reversal.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @KatharineM 

Thanks for your post. You're correct that re-entering the original transaction will offset the reversal, just make sure you re-enter it exactly as was. However, how you handle incorrect reversals depends on the transaction. If it's a Pay Super transaction this help article has detailed instructions: Reversing and reprocessing super payments

For transactions like Spend/Receive Money you can delete the reversal as long as the security and users preferences allow it. If the reversal has been included in a prepare bank deposit or electronic payment you need to delete those transactions first. This help article, Deleting a transaction, has detailed information you may find useful.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KatharineM
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank you this is helpful for the first part of my question.

Are you able to explain how I can delete an incorrect reversal? In a situtation where the super was processed and then reversed, we realised the transaction which was reversed was correct. I then tried to reverse the reversal, but that just double reversed the transaction. Can you delete a reversal?

Thanks

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @KatharineM 

As explained it depends on what type of transaction it is. For example, you can delete the reversal of a Pay Liability transaction but you can't delete the reversal of a Pay Super transaction. For Pay Super transactions you would need to reprocess the transaction through Pay Liabilities as per the linked help article.

If you need further help please let me know the type of transaction you reversed and I'll be happy to help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post