How to setup 40 hour working week in payroll with 2 hours kept every week for an RDO.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jelly
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to setup 40 hour working week in payroll with 2 hours kept every week for an RDO.

Our employees do 40 hours a week, with 2 hours kept each week for an RDO.  So, they get paid for 38 hours per week, and then after 4 weeks they get an RDO.  4 x 2 + 8 hours.

My question is firstly, how do I set this up in MYOB to accumalte

and secondly, when an employee want's to take an RDO after 4 weeks, how many hours do I set up under the Base Hourly category, and how many hours do I set up under the RDO paid, since it's 2 hours kept each week.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,149 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,149Posts

4,579Kudos

4,977Solutions

Re: How to setup 40 hour working week in payroll with 2 hours kept every week for an RDO.

Hi @Jelly

Our Help Article: Rostered days off will go through the step and processing of those rostered days off.

In terms of your second enquiry, generally, when an employee takes that rostered day off you would enter the hours they have taken off against the RDO Paid category and the remaining amount for the rest of the week in the Base Hourly. For example, say the employee is required to work a 38 hour week and they use 1 day (7.5 hours) of RDO that week you would enter 7.5 against the RDO Paid category and 30.5 against the Base Hourly.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Jelly
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How to setup 40 hour working week in payroll with 2 hours kept every week for an RDO.

Hi, 

I followed your link, but I still don't know how to set it up in a 40 hour working week?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,149 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,149Posts

4,579Kudos

4,977Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Jelly

Based on your original wording (40-hour working week with 2 hours kept for RDO) you are paying them for a 38 hour week and they accrue 2 hours. So when processing the pay you would pay the employee 38 hours as Base Hourly with 2 hours being accrued as RDO (with the calculation basis of the entitlement calculating that). The example used on throughout that help article actually deals with that exact situation.

If you do require further assistance can you provide additional information as to what you do need further assistance with.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post