Import Payroll from MYOB to MYOB

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kristyh1
Trusted User
79 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

79Posts

11Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Import Payroll from MYOB to MYOB

I have a client who is currently running 2 cloud based AccountRight MYOB.

1 of these files only has Payroll - but I would like to merge this data to the Main MYOB so they are only running 1 MYOB..

Can i import the data including all past pay runs via the import/export tool or is there an easier way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Import Payroll from MYOB to MYOB

Hi @Kristyh1 

While you can export/import "payroll transactions" you would be exporting and importing out the Transaction Journals: Disbursements. These are the raw transactions impacting the accounts and will not be imported across as payroll transactions that impacted the pay history of the employee. As a result, the accounts will be impacted but not the pay history or payroll reports will not be.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Kristyh1
Trusted User
79 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

79Posts

11Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks Steven

At the moment we do journal the Wages, PAYG and Super into the non payroll MYOB.

So am I best just activating the STP in the non payroll MYOB and cancelling STP on the payroll MYOB.

Just more worried for YTD figures on payslips - or i re-enter each payroll transaction in the MYOB to get the correct figures just not reporting through STP to the ATO? 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Kristyh1 

I assume when you say you have been doing journals to represent those payroll transactions in the non-Payroll company file, you are going Banking>>Spend Money or Accounts>>Record Journal Entries to record those transactions? If that is the case, the pay history of the employee is not being impacted. 

As a result of the pay history not being impacted, nothing will have been reported through to the ATO for payroll or is in the process of being scheduled to be reported when you do sign up for Payroll Reporting. This does mean that you do have two options available to yourself:

Option 1: Enter the pay history of the employee on their card - Card File>>Cards Lists>>Employee>>Select the required employee>>Payroll Details and select Pay History (Left-hand side). This will allow you to enter the historical pay information against the required payroll categories. When that has been done, you would be free to process your first pay with Payroll reporting enabled. Doing this pay will pull that pay history and report that information, along with the current pay, to the ATO.

Option 2: Delete the "payroll transactions" you have manually entered and then reprocess these as payroll transactions and report as you go through Payroll Reporting.

Note: The above options assume you are using a payroll-based application i.e. you have a Payroll module.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post