Importing Journals

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Webb1
Experienced Cover User
74 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

74Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Journals

Hi

I have been having trouble importing a payroll costing journal for the last 3 months now.  Everytime I try to do it it comes up with an error and tells me that it has to close.  Not sure why this is happening.  I have attached the error report in case needed.

Can anyone suggest a fix as it take for ever doing it manually.

Thanks

Lisa

8 REPLIES 8
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Importing Journals

Hi @Webb1 

We've seen some similar cases in AccountRight 2020.1 and later of this particular message occurring. You typically see it generated if you have more than one field in the import file being matched to multiple AccountRight fields. For example, in your import file, you have the field invoice number and attempt to match this field to both the invoice number and journal memo in the import process. This has been something that has been flagged with the required team for further investigation.

In the meantime, the recommendation would be to update the import file to include two separate fields; one for each of the import field and then match those fields respectively when importing into AccountRight.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Webb1
Experienced Cover User
74 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

74Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Hi

Thanks for the below response, but the only thing in this file that doubles up is the Dr & Cr entries if you know what I mean.  I have tried just putting in one dr & cr but it requires 2.  I will have a look at anything else that is doubling up but I don't think there is anything.  Do you have any other suggestions what it might be.

Thanks

Lisa

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Webb1 

So we can investigate further can you provide a copy of the import file that you are using. In addition to that getting a list of what fields in the import file you are matching to what AccountRight field would be ideal (or a screenshot of the Match window when importing would be sufficient).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Webb1
Experienced Cover User
74 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

74Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven

Sorry its been so long, please find attached files as per your request.

I just don't understand it as I have always done exactly the same thing, but for the last few months it no longer works.  

Kind regards

Lisa

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Webb1 

The error typically occurs when the same import field is being matched to multiple AccountRight fields. So in your case, you have the Debit column in the import file being matched to both the Debit Ex-Tax Amount and Debit Inc-Tax Amount field.

What you want to do to get around this error and have those transactions imported is to add two extra columns to the import file, can be duplications of the Debit and Credit columns with different names. For example:

Attachment.PNG

When you are importing you then want to match those fields to the respective AccountRight field i.e. Debit can be matched to the Debit Ex-Tax Amount and the Debit Tax Inc (added column) will need to be matched to Debit Inc-Tax Amount field. This would be the same for the Credit side.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Webb1
Experienced Cover User
74 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

74Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven

I will give it a go, but can I ask has something changed in this screen as I have never had to do this prior to this occuring.

I will let you know if it works

Thanks

Lisa

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Webb1 

Ensuring that you aren't linking the same import field to multiple AccountRight fields is something that we have seen in appearing in reach versions. From memory, with AccountRight 2020.1 and onwards, having those import fields matched to multiple AccountRight fields would generate the error you are experiencing.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Webb1
Experienced Cover User
74 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

74Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven

Fixed up the import journal as you suggested and all works fine.

Thanks for the help

Regards Lisa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post