Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Inconsistent emailing of payslips

Hi there

I use AR 2020.3 and this year have had several staff say that they haven't received their payslip when it has been sent through AR.  It is not the same employee each time and they will receive it sometimes and not at others. I have suggested they check their spam folder which they do but say it is not there. I thought it was just a blimp so ignored it but now it seems that someone each payday will say they haven't received their payslip. I have read everything I could find here but now don't know how to trouble shoot this problem. I always re send it via the advanced filters function and that seems to work. I have checked settings and everything seems to be in order. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,185 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,185Posts

96Kudos

150Solutions

Re: Inconsistent emailing of payslips

Hello @user101 

Could you please refer to the Sent Emails window in AccountRight (please see this support note) and let me know the status of the emails that employees are saying were not received? Do they all show as Sent or do some have a different status? Additionally, on the next pay run please CC your personal address on the emails; this can help narrow down whether or not the issue does stem from AccountRight or from the recipient's end. If you receive an email that an employee does not, that would indicate something is wrong on the recipient's end.

Additionally, for general reference, the support notes on Printing or Emailing Payslips and Setting up AccountRight to send emails may be of assistance.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply. I had recently discovered that you can add another address to the emailing of payslips and I plan to do that next time around. I didn't know you could track emails sent through Account Right. I have checked and out of 21 pays processed  only 9 emails appear to have been sent. The others aren't there at all. I have checked each card and email is ticked as the option for receiving a payslip and there is a correct email address listed. What else can I do to work out why this is happening and to fix it. It seems like a lot to be failing.

Any help is appreciated.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,185 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,185Posts

96Kudos

150Solutions

Hello @user101 

Just confirming you are not seeing the majority of payslips showing here in the Sent Emails window, ensuring the Dated From - To fields are populated within the correct date range?

Sent Emails

Please have a look through the support note on Printing payslips to ensure no steps are being done incorrectly. In the meantime I would be checking is with your employees to ensure that they do not have any firewalls or settings in their own emails that would block the emails coming from MYOB. I have sent you a private message with some information they can whitelist with their email providers to ensure MYOB emails do go through.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, this is correct. There should be 19 emails in the screen you have showed but there are only 9. I have seen your private communication and think that the information there will be difficult for some of our employees to understand especially the concept of "whitelisting their IP addresses". I have been using MYOB for payroll for nearly 9 years and this issue seems to have only become evident in the last year. I will pass on this information but am concerned that we still don't have a solution to this problem. I will keep looking to see if there is something amiss on our end. Thanks for your continuing consideration.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,185 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,185Posts

96Kudos

150Solutions

Hello @user101 

Thank you for continuing to work with me on this. I have been made aware of other cases in which emails do not get delivered and do not show in the Sent Emails window (as you have 10 missing from that window) due to invalid characters in the name of the form that was sent. For example, Invoice#5, with # being an invalid character. 

Valid characters are 0-9 A-Z & - / '
Invalid characters are "[ ] ! # $ % * ; = @ <>\ _ { } ^~`"

I would be curious to see if the name of the payrun does perhaps contain an invalid character, as opposed to the name of the form in "Selected Form for Payslips" at the bottom of the Advanced Filters window you mentioned using to resend the payslips. This may be why they have no issue sending from the Advanced Filters window versus directly via the pay run process itself. If this might be the case for you please send the next payrun without any invalid characters in the name and see how that goes.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

HI there.

Thank you for this information. Can you clarify when I would be naming a payrun and where would I check for invalid characters? If all the payslips are sent at the same time would they all be named the same thing? Thank you for persevering with this.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Again

I have done another payrun today and this time I put my email address on each payslip along with the employees email address so that I could track whether the problem was with our employees' emails. This time again, only 9 payslips (out of 19) went through - the same number as last time. It was a different subset that didn't go through including my own which normally works. At least one employee who didn't get their payslip last time did get it today. I went into advance filters and sent my own again and it arrived on the second go. I then tried the remaining 9 payslips and copied my email address to track them. This time 4 out of 9 went through. I am now in the process of trying to send out the remaining ones one at a time. They keep failing. 

Any ideas what is going on here? Our internet connection is fine for everything else and was ok with the first batch.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,185 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,185Posts

96Kudos

150Solutions

Hello @user101 

Thank you for the further info. Could you please send me a private message with a screenshot of your Sent Emails screen, and a screenshot of the original screen from your payrun where you select the employees to email. Additionally, please indicate which email addresses failed on the last attempt. We can look into this internally and determine if the emails did in fact leave the MYOB server successfully. Please click this link to send me a private message.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post