Incorrect SGC on payslips

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tonina
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Incorrect SGC on payslips

Processed a payrun yesterday and on some not all employees the SGC has been calculated incorrectly.

Have you had this happen before.

Regards

Tonina Dipilato

5 REPLIES 5
KatrinaF
Trusted Cover User
89 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

89Posts

12Kudos

6Solutions

Re: Incorrect SGC on payslips

Hi Tonina,

This is happening to me right now.... one of my employee's super has been calculated at 4 times the usual weekly amount, others are zero!!

Payrun calculated correctly last week so it's a new issue.  Hopefully, we will get a response and a fix soon.  Until then, it will be a manual entry (easy for me to say cause I don't have hundreds of staff, pity those who do if this is a system wide problem).

Kat

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Tonina and @KatrinaF 

Thanks for your post. Super is calculated on a monthly basis like this: 

The amount of pay for the month MULTIPLIED by the current super rate MINUS super already calculated for that month.

When processing a payrun AccountRight will automatically adjust the accrued amount to ensure the correct amount is accrued for the whole month. This means that any manual adjustments processed mid-month will impact the calculations for the rest of the month.

To check if the correct amount has been accrued run the Payroll Activity detail report for the month, add the OTE payroll categories and multiply by 10%. If the Superannuation Guarantee amount in that report is greater than the the manually calculated amount it indicates that a manual adjustment has been processed so 10% for the month has been reached and the software will not calculate any further super. If it is less, the software will increase the accrual in the next payrun to meet 10% for the month.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KatrinaF
Trusted Cover User
89 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

89Posts

12Kudos

6Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

Thanks so much for responding to this query.

It's a bizarre one and definitely out of the blue.  All super had been calculated correctly up until last week (our pay week runs Mon - Sun so week ending 19th June) then everything went haywire.  For example, employee #1 had correct SGL week ending 5 Jun and 12 Jun then suddenly, SGL was calculated at 4 times normal weekly super.  Same has happened this week (why 4 x both weeks?).  I had not adjusted super manually prior to this, so no reason for AccountRight to try and automatically fix it (as far as I can see).

I have one staff member whose SGL has calculated correctly, and another four where it has been calculated as zero instead of the correct weekly amount and I just cannot figure out why. There were no changes made to their conditions, wages, super funds or the like.  The only difference being that there was an MYOB update prior to the payrun.... things that make you go hmmm .... Smiley Happy

Anyway, I will continue to manually adjust, be thankful we have a small staff and hope that the issue might right itself in the near future.

Happy EOFY!

Katrina

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

HI @KatrinaF 

If you want to send me screenshots of the following by private message for one of those problem employees I'll be happy to have a look into it for you:

• pay transaction for correct pay, week ending 12 June
  • dummy pay showing incorrect calculations
  • set up of the super guarantee payroll categories

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KatrinaF
Trusted Cover User
89 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

89Posts

12Kudos

6Solutions

Good morning @Tracey_H

Thanks so much for your reply and offering to look into this weird issue for me.  Now we are into the new financial year, I have gone into each employee and re-set up the superannuation with the new "minimum required rate" category and checked through all the inclusions/exemptions.  I have run a payrun for one day in July and so far all is calculating correctly so I am hoping that whatever the gremlin was, he has gone for good (cross fingers).

If the problem reappears further down the track, I will definitely take you up on your offer.

Thanks again,

Kat 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post