3 Posts
Cover User
jodiebee
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Incorrect bank account for Superannuation Payments

Hi, I have two bank accounts linked with MYOB Accountright. 
I went to pay the superannuation and I forgot to select the right bank account. 

However it came through out of the right bank account but the superannuation that was generated in MYOB shows it's in the wrong bank account.

Now there is a super transaction in my bank feeds and I don't know how to allocate this the correct way?

How do I fix this? What should I do next?

Another Senerio I would like to ask is...

If I went into pay superannution and process as normal but I still forgot to change the bank account but didnt authorise it yet, Is there some way I can reverse before authorising it? as it doesn't allow me to change the bank account the box is greyed out. 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,853 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9853Posts

1075Kudos

1384Solutions

Re: Incorrect bank account for Superannuation Payments

Hi @jodiebee

One possible way to do this would be to use a journal entry or the Transfer Money function to move the amount from the correct account to the incorrect account, in essence reimbursing the incorrect account. This would give you a transaction to match to the superannuation payment on the bank feeds, and keep the incorrect account with the correct balance inside the company file.

In terms of your other scenario, if you needed to make any changes to a recorded superannuation transaction you would need to go into the Manage Payments window and reverse the transaction through there.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post