MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Issue with Annual leave entitlement

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sharlow
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Sharlow
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Issue with Annual leave entitlement

Hi

I am having an issue with the calculation of leave, why would MYOB show an incorrect amount in the Accrual.  I am looking at the pay history for the month of January.  we calculate our leave at 3.07 hours a week, and one day of leave (7.6 hours) has been used.  Why would MYOB show the accrual for the month as 1.610.  I've attached a screenshot below.  

leave accrual.PNG
4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,427 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30427Posts

3771Kudos

4438Solutions

Re: Issue with Annual leave entitlement

Hi @Sharlow

There are two key things you do need to be aware of with payroll reporting that is relevant to your enquiry and my reply:

• Payroll transactions are reported based on the payment date of the transaction
  • The Payroll Register report is based on the employee's pay history and the Payroll Activity reports are based on the payroll transaction themselves.

In regards to your enquiry, based on simple maths and what you have indicated it seems that 3 lots of weekly entitlement have been accrued minus the what was taken to give you the value in the pay history. 3 x 3.07 = 9.21 -7.6 = 1.61. Ideally, this should (or something similar) be reflected in the payroll reports.

Firstly, I would run the Payroll Activity Detail report for the month of January and compare that with the Payroll Register Detail report. These values should be the same if not it would indicate that the Pay History of the employee has been manually changed. If they are the same, I would be looking at running the Payroll Advice report for the month of January for that employee. This report will show you the pays that have been processed for that period and you can compare these with what actually happened in real life.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

The payroll reports mentioned can be found in Reports>>Payroll>>Employees

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sharlow
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Sharlow
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Stephen

Thank you for that, that makes sense.  What is confusing me now, is that there haven't been 3 pays done for the month of Jan yet.  Why would it think that there have? I've run those reports and attached them below.  Can you tell me if I'm doing this right or not?  I have to fix the leave for about 10 people and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. What is the YTD Figure? is that since you started, or calendar year or financial year?

payroll advice.PNG
payroll register.PNG
payroll activity.PNG
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,427 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30427Posts

3771Kudos

4438Solutions

Hi @Sharlow

From the reports you have uploaded you are running the reports up to 11/01/2019. I would first expand that date to run for the full calendar month i.e. 01/01/2019 -31/01/2019. This will ensure that you are factoring all transactions recorded in the month including future dated ones.

In saying that, looking into the reports that you have uploaded, it looks like we are only seeing half the Payroll Advice report. If you re-run that report for that employee for the full month of January does it show any more transactions?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sharlow
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Sharlow
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I've figured out why January thinks there is 3 pay periods, so that's going to be fixed up. We had to do a void transaction to rectify a different issue we are having with the super calculation.   I think I've figured out how to fix the leave, thanks to your original answer.  I've still got to finish checking and fixing everyone, but thanks for your help so far.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post