Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Job Codes not appearing on Job Activity Summary and Account Transaction Report

Hi 

We have had recurring issues with the MYOB Reports particularly on Job Activity Summary and Account Transaction report. We are still using MYOB for processing our payroll on fortightly basis. We have taken extra care of ensuring all the standard pay are being assigned the appropriate Job Codes. 

On each payroll record, we have been performing second reviews to ensure no transaction is missing any job code. In the last 3 months after I started taking over the payroll processing, I have noticed at least 40 percent of the transactions that actually are assigned job code in the payroll record, are reflected with blank job code on both JOb Activity Summary & Account transaction report. 

As result, I then have to insert additional general journal entry to rectify the glitch on your reports. 

I could see past thread  indicating similar issue back in Sep 2018. Could you please kindly shed some light on this?

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,166Posts

5,450Kudos

5,936Solutions

Re: Job Codes not appearing on Job Activity Summary and Account Transaction Report

Hi @JLiong 

Generally speaking, if there is a job listed in the Allocate Jobs window for a Pay Employee transaction then that value should appear in the Job transactions report.

If those job values are not appearing getting a screenshot of the following would be required for further investigation:

• The Allocate Jobs window for that recorded payroll transaction (selecting the box with the three dots on the Pay Employee for the Jobs Column)
  • The Transaction journal entry for that selected transaction
  • A copy of the jobs transactions report for that payment date for the selected jobs

Also, knowing if you do use a third-party app for payroll including timesheets or job tracking including reporting would be ideal.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JLiong
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Job Codes not appearing on Job Activity Summary and Account Transaction Report

Hi Steven

Thank you for your response in regards to the dropped off Job Codes on the Payroll Transaction reports. 

On closer look at the transactions, my colleague who processed the payroll confirmed that the ones who were found missing the job codes on the reports despite having them assigned on the actual payroll journal, are the employees with leave requests. 

We do recently at end of November activated leave request management through employee connect. 

Do you know if there is something that we must ensure takes place at the back end that may perhaps were not done correctly that cause the dropped off job codes on the reports?

Thank you 
Jane

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,166Posts

5,450Kudos

5,936Solutions

Hi @JLiong 

Each third-party app would interact with AccountRight in slightly different ways based on the coding. As such, if you are having an issue with values sent from that app not working as expected it is recommended that you do speak to that third-party.

In terms of AccountRight, generally speaking, if that job is listed in the Allocate Jobs window it should flow through to the job. It is possible that it can show falsely i.e. the job is selected but it is not being recorded. This commonly happens when that data is sent by a third-party and either the user does need to select the Allocate Jobs window when processing the pay to correctly load that information or even manually overtype the amounts. This is a very rare situation but it can happen especially with some third-party app type integrations.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post