MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Job costing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
mtvnewuser
2 Posts
Cover User
mtvnewuser
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Job costing

Hi,

Our employees use timesheets and I would like to be able to allocate their hours worked to diffreent jobs or areas of the business for budgets nd job costing etc.  I am having trouble setting up job numbers and allocating thir hours.  We have 4 different job sites with different jobs on each site.  I would like to be able to allocate their hours to different sites & jobs for costings and budgeting.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,089 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28089Posts

3308Kudos

4128Solutions

Re: Job costing

Hi @mtvnewuser

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge. If you do have enquires don't hesitate to post them so the MYOB Community can assist.

You would first need to setup your jobs. You would do this via Lists (top of the screen)>>Jobs>>New. Depending on the requirements you would could create 4 detail jobs.  For more information into creating jobs please see Help Article: Jobs 

Once you have added those jobs you can go to Payroll>>Enter Timesheets. When you (or your employees) enter in the timesheet information you would select a Job from the Job list on the TimeSheet window. For example say the employee works 4 hours on Monday at Job 115 and another for hours on Monday at Job 117. You would enter the Timesheet similar to:

Attachments - Copy.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
DPK
5 Posts
User
Australia
DPK
User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

so Ive got this far but now I need to know how to get the information out in the form of a report !

I would like to see the Profitability of each job including all costs like purchases and payrol but I dont actually want to bill it to the customer as most of our jobs are quoted.

Caroline

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,089 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28089Posts

3308Kudos

4128Solutions

Hi @DPK

Job costing in AccountRight is based on the transactions recorded so if you have entered a purchase with a job included on it the job costing for that expense would be accounted for. You are not required to on bill the customer to show that expense for the job (of course the income would not be shown if you haven't recorded an invoice transaction for that job). To see the values of job costing run the Reports>>Accounts>>Jobs>>Job Profit and Loss.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post