Jobkeeper - Final Jobkeeper Fortnight

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LouiseTrack40
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Jobkeeper - Final Jobkeeper Fortnight

An employee who has been receiveing the JobKeeper subsidy has now resigned. We process pays on a weekly basis and her final week ended on Sunday 5th July. Her final pay (which included her Jobkeeper Top Up) was processed and paid on Thursday 9th July. 

After processing the final pay, on the Payroll Reporting Centre I entered her Final Jobkeeper Fortnight as 22 Jun - 5 July FN07 and then selected "Notify the ATO".

I have since read information that I may have entered the incorrect final fortnight and that it should have been FN08 (which runs 06 Jul - 19 Jul). This doesn't make any sense to me as her final fortnight ended on 5th July.

I called the ATO and spoke to someone who confirmed I had entered the correct fortnight, that being FN07.

I have now checked the Jobkeeper Summary Report and the employee is missing from the list for the FN07 period. 

Have tried calling MYOB but do not have the luxury of waiting the 1hr predicted waiting time.

Can someone please advise if I have done this correctly and if not, how I should rectify the situation.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

Re: Jobkeeper - Final Jobkeeper Fortnight

@LouiseTrack40 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

As with everything Payroll the date PAID is the date accepted, dates worked don't mean a thing.

So if you paid then on the 9th July the correct finishing fortnight is FN08.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
LouiseTrack40
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks but strange how the ATO advised otherwise? 

So how do I amend the entry as it currently not letting me change the fortnight.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LouiseTrack40 

This information is from the ATO website: ATO website: Jobkeeper payments 

You need to let us know if your employee is no longer eligible for JobKeeper payments. Tell us the first full JobKeeper fortnight they became ineligible, using the 'JobKeeper Finish Fortnight' field description.

For example, if you paid the employee their last JobKeeper payment on 13 May 2020 (pay date 13 May 2020), the last payment was made in FN04, meaning the employee is no longer eligible for JobKeeper from FN05.

The instructions to change an incorrectly reported fortnight are also in that link to the ATO website:

Incorrect finish FN (earlier) – if an earlier finish fortnight is incorrectly reported, cancel this entry via a matching start fortnight (cancel via matching start/finish fortnights) and report an additional later finish fortnight.

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LouiseTrack40
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your reply. I've realised I've made an error with the finish fortnight but I'm still a little confused as to how I rectify the mistake.  I've entered in an incorrect earlier finish fortnight on the Jobkeeper Payments section of the MYOB Payroll Reporting Centre. Instead of fortnight FN07 is should be FN09. I also didn't realise I had to include the Finish Fortnight on her final payslip (I will rectify this once I've understood how to recify the issue).

Incorrect finish FN (earlier) – if an earlier finish fortnight is incorrectly reported, cancel this entry via a matching start fortnight (cancel via matching start/finish fortnights) and report an additional later finish fortnight.

With regards to the above info from the ATO, is this correction done on a payslip or on MYOB Payroll Reporting Centre under JobKeeper Payments? Or both?

Is the above saying to enter a start fortnight of FN09 (if so where?) and then report the correct finish fortnight (again where?)

Thanks 

LouiseTrack40
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Graeme,

So if the date PAID is the 9th July, doesn't that mean they are still eligible for FN 08 which runs from 06 Jul - 19 Jul?

They would become ineligible for FN09 20 Jul - 02 Aug. The reply I received from Tracey included this from the ATO:

Tell us the first full JobKeeper fortnight they became ineligible, using the 'JobKeeper Finish Fortnight' field description.

Which would mean I need to report the Finsh Jobkeeper fortnight as FN09??

Sorry this is so confusing!

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LouiseTrack40 

You don't need to report the start or finish fortnights on the payslips. That was only done as the notification method before we added the JobKeeper payments tab in the Payroll Reporting Centre. Now you just need to go the JobKeeper payments tab and notify START-FN07 and FINISH-FN09.

START-FN07 will cancel out the incorrect FINISH-FN07. FINISH-FN09 will let the ATO know this is the correct finish fortnight.

When it comes to selecting the correct finish fortnight, I think of it like this....you are telling the ATO the fortnights you need to be reimbursed for paying JobKeeper. So if you paid your employee JobKeeper for FN08 you need to be reimbursed for that fortnight, so you would notify FN09. That way the ATO know that they need to pay you for FN08 and to stop in FN09. Not sure if that makes sense and Graeme (@GDay53 ) may have a better explanation.

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LouiseTrack40
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Tracey,

Thank you so much, that's made alot more sense.

So have followed your instructions and changed the First JobKeeper Fortnight Start & Finish to START-07 and FINISH-09 but when I try to select "Notify the ATO" it's showing a red circle with a line through it (which I assume means 'no you can't do this').

Is this something to do with the timeframe? Will I have to wait until after 19th Jul (the end of FN08) to complete this?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LouiseTrack40 

You're very welcome, I'm glad to hear you've got this sorted now.

If you can't click on Notify the ATO, make sure employees have both a tick and a start fortnight selected. If only one is done the Notifiy the ATO button won't be active.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LouiseTrack40
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Duh, I forgotten to select the tick next to the employee!! 

Issue all rectified now, thanks again for your assistance.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post