Jury Service

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Jury Service

Can someone please clarify.....

I have an employee that is paid a monthly salary.

He has been paid by the Govt for 2 days Jury Duty at a flat rate each day. I understand the employer is obliged to pay the daily difference. The employee has kept the payment and asked us to adjust his monthly salary accordingly.

What is the cleanest way to enter this in MYOB payroll?

Thanks

Ann

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,250 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,250Posts

1,569Kudos

1,863Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Jury Service

Hi Ann ( @AnnH )

You may want to have a chat with your accountant to see if they have any particular preference on entering these transactions.

There’s two ways you could enter a situation like this from a strictly technical perspective, and again I encourage you to speak to your accountant as they will be able to advise you on potential implications such as tax and payment summaries.

You could simply work out the amount that the employee should receive and manually change the amount if Base Salary to what the employee should have received. Alternatively, you could create a wage category called Jury Service or something similar and set it to use a fixed hourly rate. When the employee’s pay is processed you put in the number of days as a negative against this wage category, which will reduce the employee’s pay.

Some of our amazing Forum Partners, such as @ronatbas , may have their own suggestions on how best to handle these sorts of transactions in AccountRight.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
4,552 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

4,552Posts

3,306Kudos

721Solutions

Re: Jury Service

@AnnH @Neil_M

I ducked this one the other week when I saw it, then 'friend' Neil dobs me in. Smiley Happy

Given that you are required to continue paying him and that he should not be required to use his leave I would use the One Time Deduction in MYOB. This would mean that you would need to change the linked account within the One Time etc. to Wages and Salaries before you ran the pay.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts