Labour Hire

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
wilf58
Partner
32 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

32Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Labour Hire

My client has contractors who are labour only and need to be paid superannuation. If I set them up as an "Employee" but select Labour Hire as Employment Basis then that excludes them from the wages calculation at the end of the year. However I see the superannuation component is still reported under STP and hence we need the TFN from all these contractors as well. Is there a way to exclude them from STP as it isn't mandatory to report them? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Labour Hire

Hi @wilf58 

When the employment basis of an employee's card is set to be Other (not Individual or Labour hire) this will prevent that card from being reporting on by payroll reporting.

If you do need to report on that employee you would be looking at setting that Employment Basis to Individual or Labour Hire - Employees' card>>Payroll Details>>Wages>>Employment Basis.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

wilf58
Partner
32 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

32Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the prompt reply Steven. If I make the Employment Basis OTHER and hence it excludes the information from STP, will it still pick up the superannuation component when I do my quarterly payment for all the regular employees or do I have to do something extra?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @wilf58 

Pay Superannuation is done based on the superannuation category and employee superannuation details. The Employment Basis doesn't factor in the equation on whether or not the superannuation amounts will appear in the Pay Superannuation window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

wilf58
Partner
32 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

32Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven - I just tested your hypothesis on Employment Basis - OTHER is ignored when reporting to the ATO. I just setup a card accordingly and entered a pay for that person with $60 in superannuation as the only payroll transaction. When I record the transaction MYOB prompts me with the "Send payroll information to the ATO" see attached. Whilst I can cancel the transfer and "continue without declaring" this will still sit there and needs attention.

STP.GIF
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @wilf58 

As you have payroll reporting is enabled within the company file any pays that you do process will need to be declared. However, if you are only declaring an employee with the Employment Basis of Other the pay event will be rejected for the following reason:

Attachment.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

wilf58
Partner
32 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

32Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven - I do not get the message that you show in your response even though my test run only tries to pay a contractor whose Employment Basis is OTHER. When I record the "pay" it takes me straight to the "Send payroll information to ATO" box. If I authorise it I get the "Something went wrong at our end". So there must be something that you are doing different to achieve your result. Please advise.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

hI @wilf58 

So we can investigate further can you provide the exact wording of the message and when exactly it does appear. In addition to that, if on that message there is the option in the bottom left to View error log, we would need to grab a copy of that error log.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post