Leave Accruals Casual, Part Time, Full Time & Salary Employees

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Onescope
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Leave Accruals Casual, Part Time, Full Time & Salary Employees

Holiday Leave Accrual 3.84615%

Annual Leave Accrual 7.6923%

40 hrs/160

38 hrs/152

We are a cleaning company with 30 clients, 100 employees. currently paying casual, part time, full time and salary wages FORTNIGHTLY wages.  however the leave accruals are not calculating correctly and I would like to confirm the wages set up.

Should the employee card file for payroll wages be set up for all staff 76 hrs per fortnight and 80 hrs for salary? "hours in fortnightly pay period" or should the holiday leave loading for hourly be set at "regular rate muliplied by 0.175"

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Leave Accruals Casual, Part Time, Full Time & Salary Employees

Hi @Onescope 

Thanks for your post. According to the National Employment Standards (NES) the maximum weekly hours for a full time employee is 38 hours. Based on that, all full time employees would be set up as 76 hours per fortnight. As such, I'd check with Fairwork to make sure you are paying your salary employees correctly. 

If your employees are entitled to 4 weeks annual leave per year the accrual percentage is 7.6923%

If they are entitled to 10 days of personal leave the accrual percentage is 3.8462%

Leave loading is generally calculated at 17.5% so when setting up that payroll category you would select Regular rate multiplied by 0.175. 

You've post on the Essentials board but your account shows that you are using AccountRight so I'll give you AccountRight help articles. If you are using Essentials please let me know and I'll give you those help articles.

Leave and entitlements

Calculating an entitlement percentage

Leave loading

Fairwork

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Onescope
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you.  Do I set all casual and part time card files up 76 hrs or the actual hours they work reguarly in the fortnight?

Or do I need to find the Account Right Forum Page?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Onescope 

In the Hours in pay period field you would enter the number of hours that employee typically works in the pay period. If an employee works different hows each fortnight you could enter the average hours in that field and manually enter the actual hours worked in the Pay employee window when processing pays. This help article has step-by-step instructions on setting up your employees: Enter employee payroll information

I've moved your post to the AccountRight board. If you need further help on this topic please reply to this post and I'll be happy to help.

If you need help on a different topic in the future you can post on an AccountRight board by clicking on Start a Post and in the Select Location field choose one of the AccountRight boards.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post