Leave Accruals not calculating when on leave

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Melinda_78
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Leave Accruals not calculating when on leave

Hi all,

We have just discovered that it seems that since the last update in January, that our leave accruals are no longer caclulating correctly. It works perfectly fine if the employee has worked the full 38hours. But if Sick Leave, Annual Leave, or Time in Lieu has been taken, the weekly accruals are short by the time that they had off. It has been working perfectly fine for the umpteen years previously.

Has anyone else has this glitch, or is it just a gremlin in my system alone?

Regards,

Mel. 

4 REPLIES 4
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Leave Accruals not calculating when on leave

Hi @Melinda_78 

I’d be inclined to check the setup of your leave accrual, specifically the calculation basis for that accrual. If you have it set as a percentage of Gross Hours, then the payroll categories you use to pay the different leave types may have been ticked as exempt.

You can view what payroll categories have been marked as exempt by clicking on Exempt. This will bring up a list of all the payroll categories. Those that are ticked are exempt from the leave accrual calculation.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Melinda_78
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil, but my leave accruals have been working perfectly fine for the last 5 years. No settings have been changed. It seems to have stopped accruing when using all types of leave since the last update in January. It might be best for me to contact MYOB directly. Maybe there is a gremlin in our system only.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

HI @Melinda_78 

To the best of my knowledge and reviewing the release notes there was nothing in the last release that impacted the payroll functionality, specifically in how the leave accruals functioned and calculated. As such I would still be inclined to check what I mentioned previously just to rule it out as a possibility.

Whilst you could clear the AccountRight cache, this would not resolve the issue if the calculation basis of the accrual is excluding those wage categories.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Melinda_78
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I sitll do not understand why anything changed, but after going through and making sure everything matched as per MYOB instructions, it appears to have fixed the issue.

Thank you Neil.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post