Leave Entitlement Balance - Opening balance is incorrect after rolling over to the new payroll year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WUC101
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Leave Entitlement Balance - Opening balance is incorrect after rolling over to the new payroll year

We have rolled over to the new payroll year FY19-20. However we found the opening hours 01/07/19 don't equal to the closing balance on 30/06/19. It looks like that some hours were missing when carrying over. A few employees have complaint about this.  What will be the quickest way to fix this? Why did this happen? 

4 REPLIES 4
WUC101
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Leave Entitlement Balance - Opening balance is incorrect after rolling over to the new payroll year

This is very frustrating. We need quick solution for this before our next payroll run.  Could someone please kindly advise on this?  Thank you

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Leave Entitlement Balance - Opening balance is incorrect after rolling over to the new payroll year

HI @WUC101 

Within AccountRight there is a setting on each entitlement that determines whether or not the balance is carries over when a payroll year is rolled. You can check this by opening the entitlement and reviewing whether or not the option “Carry Remaining Entitlement Over to Next Year” is ticked.

If this option was not ticked then when the payroll year was closed, the entitlement balance would return to zero. In terms of resolving this I do recommend ticking that option if it is unticked. While this won’t return the hours to the employee cards it will prevent it from happening in the future.

In terms of resolving this there are a couple of different options. The first is to manually correct the balances on each employee card by entering the correct balance in the Payroll Details >> Entitlements >> Carry Over column

Alternatively when recording the next pay for these employees, or a zero dollar pay, and add the missing hours onto the entitlement. So if the employee’s balance needs to be increased by 30 hours from the previous payroll year and they get 1 hour on this entitlement per pay you would need to change it to 31 hours not 1 hour on the pay

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

WUC101
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Neil.  That was my first resort to check if "Carry Remaining Entitlement Over to Next Year” is ticked.  And yes it was ticked.  

My main concern is why this has happened.  Manually adjustment isnt an ideal solution as the balance are supposed to be carried over automatically. I noticed some other people in this forum have the same issue. It seems to be caused by MYOB update. If that is the case, I would appreciate if MYOB could fix this from the system background instead of I go into each card and change manually for 30 plus employees. That would be disappointing and frustrating 

Maxine_BC
849 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

849Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hey @WUC101,

Unfortunately this currently can not be done. At this stage, manually adjusting the employees balance is the way to proceed.

I do welcome you to post this suggestion on the AccountRight Idea Exchange so that our developers can consider this for future updates. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers,
Maxine

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post