Leave Entitlements for Salaried employee

Pollylinfoot
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Leave Entitlements for Salaried employee

We have staff who are on salaries, however instead of accrueing leave on a fortnightly basis, we make one adjustment at the begining of the year to bring their leave allowance up to date. When they use leave I allocated it as holiday pay, however in the entitlements window it is not appearing as used up leave. Their entitlements are not decreasing as leave is used up? Is this because they are not accrueing it every pay? How do I adjust this so the entitlement report reflects the leave they have used.

I have staff on "Base Hourly"pays and their leave is decreasing accurately, it is just the staff on "Base Salary" that is not reflected in the report. Do they have to be accruing it fortnightly for the balance to be shown in the report?

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,548 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,548Posts

770Kudos

881Solutions

Re: Leave Entitlements for Salaried employee

Hi @Pollylinfoot 

Thanks for your post. For the entitlement balance to be reduced by the leave taken you need to link the applicable leave payroll category. To check this has been linked go to Payroll Categories>>Entitlements tab and open the salary annual leave category. Under Linked Wages Category make sure the applicable leave categories have been selected:

link.PNG

Please let me know if you are still having problems with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Pollylinfoot
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for the reply, they are linked. The problem is occurring due to the fact the the directors are on salaries and instead of "Accruing" leave on a fortnightly basis, we are allocating them a lump sum amount of hours at the beginning of the financial year. So they do not have 'Holiday Leave Accrual" checked on their individual set ups! In this situation, how do I get the leave to reduce as it is used up?? Many thanks

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,548 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,548Posts

770Kudos

881Solutions

Hi @Pollylinfoot 

You should have a separate entitlement payroll category for those salary employees with the Calculation Basis set to User - Entered amount per pay period:

lump.PNG

You would allocate the lump sum amount to that entitlement category at the beginning of the financial year when processing a pay run. Then when the employee takes leave allocate the hours taken to the annual leave payroll category.

When the annual leave category is the linked wages category the entitlement hours will reduce in the employee card>>Payroll details tab>>Entitlements as leave is taken.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post