Leave Entitlements

Danielle1
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Leave Entitlements

I have an employee that moved from full time to casual. He was paid out his entitlements and his card balance is showing 0 entitlements owing however the entitlements are still showing in the entitlement reports.

When the entitlements were paid out they were paid from the wrong category but the employee was terminated before being reinstated as a casual. I manually changed the balances to 0.

Thanks,

Danielle

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,727 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,727Posts

4,373Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Leave Entitlements

Hi @Danielle1 

In theory, you shouldn't update the entitlements of an employee manually*. If an employee is required to be paid out for leave then you would need to use the linked wage category for that entitlement (Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Entitlements>>Select the entitlement - linked wage category). If you do adjust the entitlement manually it can lend to issue with the reporting of that entitlement. 

If you are in a position where you have adjusted the entitlements manually, my recommendation is to adjust the entitlements back to the desired position and then record a pay for the employee that reduces the correct entitlement while having a negative value against the incorrect category that was used i.e.

Attachment.PNG

This will place the incorrect hours against the employee and the pay them the correct amount through the entitlement hours to reduce the entitlement.

*There are times when that is required as per Help Article: Adjusting leave entitlements

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post