Leave entitlements not rolled over into FY2020/21

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lynne-H
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Leave entitlements not rolled over into FY2020/21

All our employee entitlements have not been rolled over to FY2020/21 - the entitlement categories are set up correctly with 'Carry over entitlement to Next Year' ticked - and greyed out saying 'This setting can not be changed after the entitlement is created'

We have run the upgrade for Accountright Plus 2020.2

Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

MYOB Error.PNG
8 REPLIES 8
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Leave entitlements not rolled over into FY2020/21

Hi @Lynne-H 

Have you processed your first pays in AccountRight 2020.2? Once the pays have been recorded in the new payroll year the entitlements will be correctly carried forward and show as intended.  More information can be found on Leave entitlement warning message when processing pays in AccountRight 2020.2

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Lynne-H
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Once the 1st batch of pays were processed, it did fix the Entitlements, so thank you for your help.

However, it did take me at least an extra hour to find out why this was happening as I had to cancel the payrun, check the set ups, try MYOB community chat etc.

I know I will not be the only bookeeper striking this problem - MYOB should have dealt with this better as no warnings are given in any of the instructions for closing of EOFY payroll, that this would occur in the 1st payrun.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Lynne-H 

Great to hear that has managed to resolve your enquiry. Thank you for letting us know and the additional feedback you have provided. I have shared it with the team.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Taylor17
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have done my first pay for the 2020/2021 financial year and we have our personal leave entitlements set on "User Entered Amount" due to our current EBA set up with the Union.

I cannot click on the "carry over entitlements to the next year" as it is greyed out and cannot be accessed.

All our employee entitlements are now negative balances and I am unable to click on the Balance Adjustment column either?

Lynne-H
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Taylor17,

See Steven's message above:

Have you processed your first pays in AccountRight 2020.2? Once the pays have been recorded in the new payroll year the entitlements will be correctly carried forward and show as intended.  More information can be found on Leave entitlement warning message when processing pays in AccountRight 2020.2

Downunder1
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Did new payroll in July, Leave entitlements rolled over for 1 employee, but the for the other employee, nor does it appear on the payslip, nor accrual, yet for the employee all was correct.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Downunder1 

My apologies for the delay in replying to you. Have you been able to resolve this issue? If you still need help please do let us know.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Taylor17
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

In the end I had to alter the entitlements manually by processing a "void" pay check for each employee to amend entitlements.  It was only in relation to entitlement accruals that are entered manually for two particular payroll categories.  The annual leave entitlements rolled over accurately but we manually enter personal leave and another category and these are the ones that didn't roll over.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post