Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Leave not accruing - Jobkeeper

Hi. We have one employee who went from casual to part time in the same week she went onto Jobkeeper. We have just noticed that she has not accrued any leave balances since then. Obviously we have set up the accruals incorrectly when putting her on Jobkeeper. Can somebody please tell me where we have gone wrong with the setup? We have ticked all leave boxes in her her payroll leave section.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,520 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,520Posts

5,094Kudos

5,494Solutions

Re: Leave not accruing - Jobkeeper

Hi @John_Maher 

Leave entitlements are calculated based on the calculation basis of an entitlement category. You can see the calculation basis for an entitlement by Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Entitlements>>Select the desired entitlement - Calculation basis. Typically, that calculation basis is set to be Equals x percentage of gross hours (or a particular pay category) for hourly employees.

As a result of Jobkeeper, which is typically entered with just with an amount, you may not have any hours for the employee thus the calculation basis would result in zero. Should you be required to add in those hours it would need to be done manually when processing the pay i.e. click into the entitlement hours category in the Pay Employee window and enter the desired amount of hours. 

If your entitlement category is set up directly we would need to see the Entitlement Information window showing the calculation basis and a pay where there is no hours being accrued for that entitlement to assist further.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven. I have attached 3 items for you. The PDF is a sample of 2 employees paid on the same day; one is under Jobkeeper while the other is not. they both worked actual hours, but one did not accrue A/L or P/L. I have also attached the affected employees' Entitlement info, and the Entitlement calculation method. Are you able to explain why this has happened? Cheers,

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,520 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,520Posts

5,094Kudos

5,494Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @John_Maher 

Based on the information you have provided that particular pay should have had those entitlements calculated on it.

As it hasn't one of the following things have occurred:

• The entitlement category has been changed after the employee has been paid i.e. the calculation basis has been changed or the employee has been linked after the fact
  • Under Exempt on that Entitlements Information window, you have two categories one of which is exempt and one is not
  • When processing the pay for the employee the entitlement values have been manually overwritten to be 0.00.

In theory, when you process the next pay for that employee the entitlement value should appear. If they are not, we would love to see a screenshot of the Pay Employe window missing those entitlement hours.Employee

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi. It seems I have wasted your time. After various checks and much searching, I was finally informed that the employee actually DID have her entitlements window changed after the last pay run (not the original info I was given). I did a dummy pay run, and all was as it should be. Please accept my ajext and sincere apology.

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, I have a slightly different question about the way annual and sick leave is accrued for staff on Jobkeeper.

I am getting conflicting information when I look at fair work. Our employees on Jobkeeper are still working some hours and not on standdown orders. Therefore we have stuck to the Fairwork rule: 

"Annual leave will not accumulate on unpaid leave unless it is community service leave or it is provided for in an award or registered agreement."

So we only accrue leave entitlements on actual hours worked regardless if employee received JK min or above that.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Skye

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,520 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,520Posts

5,094Kudos

5,494Solutions

Hi @Oceana 

My recommendation would be to consult the Jobkeeper documentation on that - The Australian Government Business site would be a good place to start.

From purely an AccountRight point of view, should you wish to have an entitlement accrue on a category or not you would go to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Entitlements>>Select the desired entitlement >>Exempt button (top of the Entitlement Information window). If the category is needing to be excluded from the entitlement category calculation it needs to be ticked in this window. If it is to be included it would need to be unticked.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post