Limit User Access for Pay Information

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Feziona1
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Limit User Access for Pay Information

Hi there!

I have a similar issue to other users on this forum in relation to user access to payroll information.

The issue is accounts staff having access to payroll information when reconciling bank accounts.

Regardless of whether they do not have access to payroll records, they are able to view names and pays for each staff member when reconciling accounts.

Has a work around been devised YET for this huge oversight on MYOB's behalf??? 

User or managment advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Limit User Access for Pay Information

@Feziona1 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

If users are reconciling your bank accounts they MUST be able to see the $ amounts.

So the only thing you can do is make sure that whatever gets entered as the memo does not contain the employees name.

Do you use the card Id #?

If yes make sure all employees have a number entered in the id and then enter that number into the memo field in Standard pay on their card.

That way the number should show as the transaction memo not their name.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Limit User Access for Pay Information

Hi @Feziona1 

AccountRight 2019 user access works on the principle that if the user has access to that window then that user would have full access to see transactions recorded via the window. For example, if the user has access to the Reconcile Accounts window then they would be able to see all transactions that have gone to that selected window. If the user attempts to open that transaction and they don't have access to the window i.e. they don't have access to the Pay Employee window that is when the user access restricts kicks in and they can't drill into opening that window.

There is no way to limit only having certain transactions types appearing in certain windows. If they have access to that window then they would be able to see all transactions that pass through that window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post