Long Service Leave accrual

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KristyH
Experienced Cover User
106 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

106Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Long Service Leave accrual

I am just setting up the Long Service Leave Accrual for a client - i have found the attached link for the accrual

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Long+service+leave#expand-2Setupalongserviceleaveentitlementca...

As my client is paid monthly is the best way to accrue this @ the 1.6667% per gross hours or hours per year?

Just a little confused on the calculations Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Long Service Leave accrual

Hi @KristyH 

Generally speaking, you would use the Equals xx Percentage of calculation basis for an entitlement category when you have an hourly employee and that may work varied hours or additional hours. Equals xx hours per pay period/year... is reserved for salary employees or where you want a fixed amount of entitlement hours regardless of how much the employee works.

Ultimately it is up to the user to select what calculation basis should be selected for an entitlement. Although, typically for hourly employees it is Equals xx Percentage and for Salary employees it is Equals xx hours per xx

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post