Long Service Leave not appearing on payslip

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JP2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Long Service Leave not appearing on payslip

Why can't a leave balance just be shown on a payslip if there's a balance there.  The solution of creating a dummy record is very time consuming expecially if you have many employees.  And you have to do it every new financial year.

6 REPLIES 6
Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Re: Long Service Leave not appearing on payslip

Hi @JP2 

Thank you for your post.

This could be the result of the way in which is setup in the software. Can I please get you to check for me that the setup is correct by following these steps:

1. Open the long service leave entitlement category (Payroll command centre > Payroll Categories > Entitlements > open the long service leave entitlement category).
  2. Can you please check that you have selected the option Print on Pay Advice.
  3. If not, please select the option Print on Pay Advice and click OK.

Please let me know if this has resolved the issue. If not, I will investigate further for you.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

JP2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

It's definately been ticked.

This issue might be that's they don't accure LSL on every pay.   At 10 years they get 8.6667 weeks and then after another 5 years they get a further 4.3333 weeks, which I just add to their balance.

Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Hi @JP2 

Thank you for checking the setup for me. Your suggestion could indeed be the reason why you are not seeing the leave balance on payslips. However, since adding to the balance, can you please confirm that this has resolved the issue for you? 

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

JP2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi
If I select User - Entered Amount Per Pay Period and put in 0, it still won't show.

If I add 0.00001 to the balance it will appear on the payslip, however staff don't accrue LSL every pay so I don't won't to add to the balance each pay (only after 10 years or 15 years +). 

I just need the balance carried over on appear on their payslip.
I should be able to do this without changing the balance add/deleting payslips.

Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @JP2 

I have just been informed that this is a known issue that is being investigated by our team. In saying that, there is a workaround that you can try which is to post a small amount against the payroll category using the Process Payroll screen. This can be reversed immediately, the important part is that the category has been posted to using the Process Payroll system, so the system will then correctly display these amounts on payslips.

Please try this solution and let me know how you go. 

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

JP2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

That works....I'm just glad I don't have 20 staff members with LSL owing.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post