Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Long Service Leave on Redundancy not recorded a Lump Sum A

Hi MYOB team,

It has come to our attention that a staff member's payment summary went through incorrectly for the 19/20 year.

During the year they were made redundant and we processed their final pay which included a Long Service Leave payout.

Normally LSL isn't treated as a 'Lump Sum' however it does if it is part of a redundancy payment. Upon processing their final pay, the LSL amount wasn't included in the 'Lump Sum A' amount so we need to rectify and re-finalise.

Are you able to provide the correct process we must follow? I've already removed their finalisation. I just need to know how to edit the Lump Sum A amount.

Just a note that I can't recall if we were prompted (to select a Lump Sum for LSL) when processing thier final pay. If the solution is to remove their termination and process a nil pay, I'm not sure if it will allow me to do it.

Regards,

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,147 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,147Posts

735Kudos

807Solutions

Re: Long Service Leave on Redundancy not recorded a Lump Sum A

Hi @Rooster- 

Thanks for your post. As ETP's require their own payroll categories I think the easiest way to fix this would be to delete/reverse the incorrect pay and reprocess correctly. In 2020.2 we introduced the ability to make payroll adjustments in previous payroll years so you should be able to remove the termination date, make the employee active and make those corrections.

These help articles will guide you through the process:

Create payroll categories for termination payments

Terminate an employee in STP

Changing a recorded pay

Please do let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Rooster-
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so much for this Tracey, much appreciated Smiley Happy

I have gone in and created a new LSL pay category that uses the ATO reporting category: 'Lump Sum A - Redundancy'. Is it correct to process a pay to have a negative amount in the previously used LSL category and positive amount in the new LSL category (with a nil total)?

Here is an example of what it would look like:

WB LSL correction example.png

Can you please let me know if this looks good, therefore am fine to proceed?

Regards,

Mark

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,147 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,147Posts

735Kudos

807Solutions

Hi @Rooster- 

I can't see the bottom of that pay transaction to see if you've got the ETP Benefit Type button. You do need to select the ETP Benefit type for STP reporting. This help article explains how to record the ETP payment: Record the final termination pay

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post