Long Service Leave pay out on termination

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JackieBell
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Long Service Leave pay out on termination

Hi,

I'm using AccountRight 2019.3. I'm in NSW.

When I took over my business, one employee stayed with me. She has just left her job, after 12.5 years. She is entitled to 10.7900 weeks of accrued long service leave which I need to pay out.

When I set up MYOB with payroll in 2012 when I took over, I didn't set up Long Service Leave entitlements per employee.

I'm in the process of finalising her termination, and in step 2 I need to determine the outstanding entitlements.

I've manually set up "Long Service Leave Accrual" as per your online advice, in payroll category, both in wages and in entitlement section. I set it up as "user - entered amount per pay period" as I didn't know how much % to enter in "hourly equals % gross wages". Then I clicked on employee and ok'd her.

From the NSW long service leave website, I worked out she is entitled to 10.79 weeks, and as she has worked 38 ordinary hours per week for a long time, the hours owed worked out to be 410.02 hours.

I entered them into her entitlement section of her payroll details in her card file, as "Carry Over". They do show up in the Total column.

When I do step 2 of the Outstanding entitlements, the balance comes up as 0.00 hours accrued, 0.00 hours taken and 0.00 hours available. Why do the 410.02 hours not show up as carried over? I tried to do another balance, for end of last financial year, to see if the 410.02 hours show up there. But everything there is 0.00 hours as well.

Should I process this differently? Have I made a mistake?

She is the only employee currently entitled to long service leave so if I need to delete everything and start again, that is not a problem.

Is it not showing because I have not entered a termination date in her file? I thought I can only do that after going through all the steps from determining outstanding entitlements to termination payments to terminating her via STP.

Hope you can help!

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Kind Regards,

Jackie Bell

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Long Service Leave pay out on termination

Hi @JackieBell 

We are aware of a situation where the Entitlement Balance [Detial] report will not show Carry Over values in the Opening Hours. Generally, it occurs when you enter just a balance in the Card Over field without process a pay or using that entitlement in a payroll transaction. For those situation using the Entitlement Balance [Summary] report will show you the appropriate values and available hours.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

JackieBell
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

4Kudos