MYOB AR EOFY Finalisation STP

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Janeamanda
Partner
50 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

50Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB AR EOFY Finalisation STP

Hi all, this is the first year I am doing a STP EOFY using AR2020.2 

One of my clients that pays wages Fortnightly has already finished payruns for 2020 so I thought I would do the finalization.

I did a couple of things first

Printed out both Payroll Activity and Payroll register for the Year

I then started the process for STP Finalisation

When the individual employee total come up there is two employees that report different Gross wages compared to the Payroll Activity Report which then differs in total Gross.  The Payg withheld and Super balance.

There was no Salary Sacrificing , Can someone please help me to understand why this is happening.  

I have done a Detailed Report comparision and have discovered that when a Payrun has Holiday LL (it's category is Gross Payments) STP is not reporting it. Does anyone know why

9 REPLIES 9
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB AR EOFY Finalisation STP

Hi @Janeamanda 

Thanks for your post. Check that the Leave Loading payroll category has been ticked exempt from PAYG Withholding as this will exclude it from STP. To check this go to Payroll Categories, open the payroll category and click on the Exempt button. If it has been ticked, you would need to untick it and then process a $0 pay to update STP.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Janeamanda
Partner
50 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

50Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Yes that was the problem, the employee had ticked exempt from tax. Thank you so much 

Michellec65
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I have just come accross this as well and MYOB support suggested I had made errors, searching the community it is stated several times when you have fixed your errors run a $0 payroll to correct the ATO Portal.  

You actually need to run a $0 payroll to fix the glich that MYOB have in their finalisation report (including terminated employees)

My paroll matched the ATO Portal it was just the STP EOFY Finalisation report that was coming up with random figures

Janeamanda
Partner
50 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

50Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Michellec65, 

I discovered that the employee processing the wages exempted Payg from Leave Loading, I guess to obtain more money Net when they are paid for Annual Leave .  This would have been acceptable so long as the Business Owner ok'd it but since STP it throws the balances out.  So all fixed now.  Thank you for taking the time to respond.   

RayJordan
Experienced Cover User
181 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

181Posts

71Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

I have the same problem but the suggested solution is not applicable.

We have 4 employees. Every pay run includes either 3 or 4 pays (one casual sometimes skips a week). The EOFY Finalisation total does not agree with the Gross Payments as shown in the Payroll Reporting Centre (Reports tab - added up the 52 weeks manually) or any of the regular payroll reports.

The difference is exactly one pay run for 2 of our employees. Can't tell which one of the last 9 pay runs - they have all been identical. But that makes no sense to me because all 9 of those pay runs have been for 3 employees. The figures for the third employee all match.

The payroll reports for those 2 employees also shows that exact same difference from the EOFY Finalisation. Employees 3 and 4 are in agreement between EOFY Finalisation and the other reports.

I checked out the solution above. None of our payroll categories have been marked as exempt from tax, so that's not it.

Any help would be much appreciated, so that we can get this fixed and "Set as final".

Thanks,

Ray

Ray Jordan
Michellec65
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Ray

I also had no errors in my wages but just ended up doing the zero payroll run and lodging it to ATO and this fixed the bug in MYOB. don't foget to remove your leave accruals btw

RayJordan
Experienced Cover User
181 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

181Posts

71Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Michellec65 ... I think :-)

So there's actually an acknowledged bug in AR2020.2 that is causing this?

I may try a zero pay run to see if it will fix it, but first I need to understand "don't foget to remove your leave accruals btw". Remove them from where?

Now I'm off to learn how to do a zero pay run, somehow backdated into the 2019/20 FY.

Note to MYOB - I (and all your other customers) really have better things to do than waste valuable hours messing around with this stuff.

Ray

Ray Jordan
RayJordan
Experienced Cover User
181 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

181Posts

71Kudos

0Solutions

Ok, I did a zero pay run. It went smoother than I had anticipated, given that I was going back to FY 2019/20 and after having done one pay run in FY 2020/21 already.

Nothing appeared to have changed - the new zero pay run was there in the Reports list in the Payroll Reporting Centre. But the EOFY Finalisation summary was still wrong.

So I closed the Payroll reporting Centre conpletely and then opened it again (again). Bingo. It's all correct now. Who would have figured that one part of the Payroll Reporting Centre would update immediately (the Reports list), but another part would not (the EOFY Finalisation tab).

Happy that it's right now. Not happy that I have burned about 12 hours getting there. Message to MYOB - where do I send the invoice?

Ray

Ray Jordan
FortyFour18
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I had the same issue - spent ages trying to work it out - why was the ATO portal report YTD figures correct, yet the Finalisation Report incorrect only for some employees? A $0 payrun fixed it. Thanks for all who contributed. It is now solved, Finally!!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post