MYOB Essentials/Business - changing casual employees with timesheets to full time permanent on salary

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
A-ZBookkeeping
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials/Business - changing casual employees with timesheets to full time permanent on salary

I keep getting the error message: One or more payroll categories cannot be deselected as they have been used on recorded timesheets.  But I don't know which pay item it's referring to so I can try to correct it?  I have updated leave accruals and leave pay items but these have not been used before.  Employee previously using timesheets.  I have deselected 'use timesheets' etc but still no luck.  How do I find the pay item in question and fix it - or do I need to make a new employee card?  TIA

3 REPLIES 3
vidario1
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

95Posts

23Kudos

5Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials/Business - changing casual employees with timesheets to full time permanent on salary

Hi

My personal recommendation is always to create a new employee card when an employee changes Employment Basis.

For your specific question, once a category has been used via the timesheet module, you cannot deselect/delete them. MYOB are aware and may provide a fix one day.

Thanks

vidario

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,328 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,328Posts

114Kudos

261Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials/Business - changing casual employees with timesheets to full time permanent o...

Hi @A-ZBookkeeping 

Thank you so much for your post. I would recommend to check if there are no unprocessed Timesheets in your system that could be causing this error, even if they are blank without hours in them - you will need to delete these - to avoid the error. You can find these under Reports > Payroll > Unprocessed timesheets > Right-click on the timesheet and delete.

Let me know how you go with this, happy to assist with any further queries. 
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,328 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,328Posts

114Kudos

261Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials/Business - changing casual employees with timesheets to full time permanent o...

Hi @A-ZBookkeeping 

Just want to check if you're still having this issue?

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post