MYOB Payroll & AccountRight connection issue

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JohannaD
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Payroll & AccountRight connection issue

I am trying to get MYOB Payroll and AccountRight connected. I have found the following page: https://help.myob.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=7111747#expand-2SelectyourcompanyfileinMYOBP...

but...

I'm getting stuck on 4. 

In MYOB Payroll, go to the Tools menu and choose Options. The Payroll Options window appears. Click the Accounting tab. Select AccountRight 2013 and later and click the [...] button. The Library Browser window appears. If your AccountRight company file is: online: select Online and click Connect. Enter your my.MYOB account details. a desktop file: select My Library and click Connect. Select the file you want to connect to and click OK. Enter the company file user ID and password and click OK.

It says to enter your my.MYOB account details. So I try and do that. However I log into my.MYOB with an email address & a password. The little popup box is asking for a User Name and password. If I try to put my email address in the User Name box, there aren't enough characters. If I use my User Name as per the Online Access Users, it says either the User Name or password is incorrect and yet when I use that User ID and password I am able to log on to my.MYOB.   What am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB Payroll & AccountRight connection issue

Hi @JohannaD

Thank you for your post. Can I confirm if you have tried Administrator as the user name and the password you use for your user ID ? If this does not work can you please try Administrator as the user and leave the password blank. 

Please do let me know how you go. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JohannaD
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi

I did try the Administrator UserID but I can't recall the password so I'm guessing what it could be and it must be incorrect.  Is it possible to reset the Administrator password?

And I just tried the option of the Administrator UserID and leaving the password blank and got the message that the UserID or password was incorrect.

Regards,

Jo

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @JohannaD

The Administrator password would be the password you use for AccountRight. If you cannot recall the password we will need to arrange to have this removed for you. Can you please send me a private message with the following information:

• AccountRight serial number 
  • File ID (this can be found by going to help > About MYOB AccountRight)
  • Your email address

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JohannaD
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User