MYOB Super & TFN 333 333 333 not accepted

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ElkaS
Trusted Cover User
68 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

68Posts

17Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Super & TFN 333 333 333 not accepted

We have some staff who are <18yo and don't earn enough to have a TFN, so they have chosen to be exempt from quoting a TFN on their TFN Dec form - this means I put 333 333 333 in their TFN info in their card. but MYOB Super rejects this number.  At times they do earn enough to earn Super. MYOB Super rejects these staff in AR2019 version so I have to use a different clearing house to lodge their super.

Does anyone have advice how I can get MYOB Super to accept their super in the usual batch?

Thanks, Elka

7 REPLIES 7
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: MYOB Super & TFN 333 333 333 not accepted

Hi @ElkaS 

When you try to record the Pay Superannuation transaction in the current version of AccountRight (2019.3), does it display a red x icon against a particular super payment?

If so, could you please click anywhere in the line contains the error icon, what is the exact error message?

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DenDen
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Clover

We have the same issue.

Error is "You need a valid Tax File Number for this employee"

Thanks 

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @DenDen @ElkaS 

This particular error indicates that the Tax File Number is not a valid number for Super Stream. 

While the alternative ATO tax file numbers (111 111 111 etc) works for payment summaries, they are not valid TFN supported for Pay Super. You do need to enter a valid tax file number for each employee in order to proceed. 

If you are unsure how to obtain valid TFN for your employees, please do contact ATO for further information.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

ElkaS
Trusted Cover User
68 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

68Posts

17Kudos

3Solutions

Re: MYOB Ssuper & TFN 333 333 333 not accepted

Thanks alot Clover for your help on this. Appreciate it.

Cheers, Elka

perkij
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

How is this a solution!!!!  So in order to get this rubbish software to work, you expect an employer to FORCE an employee who is under the age of 18 to get a tax file number even though they have NO legal obligation to do so!  Are you for real, do you actually expect us to do this to work around the poor programming of the software?

Even though the ATO informs employers to insert a TFN of 333 333 333 for these employees, MYOB falls over yet again when we do so?  Which means I'm yet again forced to lodge super payments by other means.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @perkij 

As far as I know, on ATO's page it advised that generic TFNs can be used for section A - payee details when completing PAYG payment summaries. SuperStream has its own standards and requirements which may not be the same as the requirements for PAYG payment summaries. 

To my knowledge ATO also has a validation service that checks and valids TFN for SuperStream purposes. I would suggest checking with ATO about what's the best way of obtaining TFN for employees under 18 that meets SuperStream standards. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

perkij
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

How about you fix the hundreds of bugs in the software.  The employee obviously doesn't enter 333 333 333 as their TFN of the TFN declaration form!  this is what the ATO advises for reporting.  You don't seem to get it, the employee has NO OBLIGATION or REQUIREMENT to get a TFN and yet they have earned a small amount of super.

MYOB MUST be changed to accept a TFN of 333 333 333 for super payments, it's as simple as that.  The answer isn't me explaining to a 16 year old that I need them to apply for a TFN because MYOB is so poorly programmed it wont work otherwise... just a joke.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post