MYOB Team Setting Up Approving Manager who is paid Salary

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AHJS
Experienced Cover User
178 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

178Posts

21Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Team Setting Up Approving Manager who is paid Salary

Hello community

We are eager to commence using MYOB Team for our AccountRight Plus subscription.

We are having issues however adding approving managers for timesheet signoff.

Our warehouse staff are paid via Timesheets however their approving managers are salaried employees paid monthly.  When it comes to the part whereby we need to add the managers to the approving managers section they paid monthly employees are not coming up.

How can we add them please?  Do we need to make up an additional employee card for them and if so how?

Thanks in advance

AJHS

7 REPLIES 7
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB Team Setting Up Approving Manager who is paid Salary

Hello @AHJS 

Thank you for your post. For the employees to appear within the Select an approving manager window, the following does need to be set up in the file:

• All employees must have the same email address in their employee card within the profile tab and the Payroll details (pay slip email) field
  • All employees must be setup with the Pay Basis of 'Hourly' within their employee card files 
  • All employees need to be in the Payroll Category 'Base Hourly', whether or not they use it as this is what all the programming done on.

In your scenario if the employees you are wanting to add as approving managers will NOT be using MYOB Team to track their time, only to approve timesheets, you may be able to set up a second employee card for them with the Pay Basis of 'Hourly,' Payroll Category of 'Base Hourly,' and Employment Status of 'Other' (to ensure those second cards do not appear on payroll). I would recommend naming the second card something different from their primary card.

For example, John Smith who is paid a salary could be Approving Manager John Smith for the second card for MYOB Team purposes. This should allow them to show up for Approving Manager while also retaining their normal, salary payroll settings on the original card. However, it would be very important that the second card you set up is not used for anything other than making those employees Approving Managers, to avoid any confusing crossover between cards.

Note that this would just be a workaround, as the current setup of MYOB Team isn't quite suited to the specifics of your business. To that end, I have passed on this feedback to the appropriate teams as away to improve functionality in the future.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

AHJS
Experienced Cover User
178 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

178Posts

21Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Emily

Does an approving manager need to be appointed?  Can the employee submit and approve themselves but we can still check the hours when payroll is run?

Cheers

AJSH

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @AHJS 

As explained by @Emily_B , for the purpose of approving timesheets using MYOB Team, you will need an approving manager and employees cannot submit and approve their timesheets themselves. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

marmak
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily,

I had the same issue as AHJS and setup an "employee" named Team Leader working on an hourly basis to be the approving manager... this worked fine until the latest update of the app - now it's wanting Team Leader's TFN and  superannuation details to work - being a fake employee, these details don't exist. What do I do to get access to the app again?

thanks

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @marmak 

Recent changes have made it mandatory to have that information entered for employees. So we're going to have to try a couple of things to get around it for your fake employee.

The first thing I would recommend is in your software change the real approving manager to hourly, go into the app and add the approving manager. Then go back to their card in your software and change them back to salary. Check if the manager has stuck in the app.

The other option is in the software>>employee card for the fake employee, add a dummy TFN and super fund. Log out of and back into the app, you shouldn't get asked for information again. If you do kill the app and relaunch it. The concern with this is the dummy TFN so I'd recommend checking with your accountant about this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AHJS
Experienced Cover User
178 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

178Posts

21Kudos

1Solutions

Further to, this issue is stopping us from being able to utilise MYOB Team being that the approving manager is salaried to hourly team members.

We didn't implement a dummy approving manager and we have since read that with the update it's no longer possible.

Most likely a naive question but can the approving salaried employee being changed to being paid hourly in order for us to move over the MYOB Team?  Speaking as a non payroll person I don't know if this is possible or has ramifications for the employee but thought it worth asking being going looking further into this as a potential work around.

Thanks

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @AHJS 

There's no law that says you can't change your employees from salary to hourly but you'd need to make sure all calculations and entitlements were manually checked and correct. Your other option would be to set up a dummy employee. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post