MYOB Team app

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

MYOB Team app

Hi Guys,

I have a client in the building industry who has a number of employees who work at various building sites.  Sometimes they are new builds and sometimes they are call out on maintenance jobs.  At the moment my client has their employees complete time sheets in Excel and they manually enter their time for each job.  They also use job codes to track materials that are used for each job.

To help tidy up the recording of the employee's tiem, I thought that the MYOB Team module would do the job as each employee could now record their own time directly from their phone and allocate the cost to the job they worked at.

NO!

Apparently the Team module does not provide the ability to nominate the job code and follow that through to the time sheets.

MYOB, are you serious about this module that promises so much potential and then falls flat on it's face?

Short of now having to subscribe to another add-on or throwing away MYOB and finding a new accounting product that does have this feature, has anyone had any success with this type of situation?

AlanT

@Dale @Dale_Dixon_ @James_R 

@Tracey_H 

6 REPLIES 6
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: MYOB Team app

@AlanT 

Hi Alan

Hope you are well. Employees can select a Job against an activity via the MYOB Team app by tapping + on the time screen. However, there is a current issue where activities and jobs entered in the mobile app are not flowing through to the admin portal or software. Our developers are working on a fix for this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

Thank you for your reply and clarification on this.

As we are now at the end of the financial year, we are desperate to implement some improvments to the client's work flow so I really need some sort of realistic time frame that this issue is to be fixed so we can decide to keep persuing this solution, or just start again with another product.

Even a private message so I can give them a time frame rather than just the 'Gunna do it' answer that is typical of the software industry.

TIA

AlanT

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

@AlanT 

Hi Alan

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. Unfortunately I'm not able to provide a timeframe for when this will be resolved, however, I have added your feedback to that case.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

The client has moved on to another package.  They were prepared to wait if they were given a time frame, but without a target to plan for, their business had to move on.

Regards,

AlanT

C-E
Experienced Cover User
85 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

85Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AlanT 

Can i ask what you found to work around this. Happy for a direct message

I am having the same issue. Trying to move away from manual time sheets

Thanks

C-E

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

Hi @C-E 

We had two clients in this situation.  I am not sure what the client who is a larger building business did at the moment as we have not heard back from them other than them saying they will use something else.

I have a smaller second client who also needed a solution and I ended up writing them a custom application that does the job nicely for them.  Simple to use, runs quickly as it is not a camel (i.e. something that tries to be every thing for everyone hahaha), and gets the job done. 

Regards,

AlanT

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post