Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Team

After alot of trial and error I have found a solution that works with all my files.  There is one step, the Payroll Reporting Area, ATO Settings that you may not need to do, we have found it works with some but doesnt work with others so we are changing it for all now, you can decide if you need to do that or not.

Hope this helps others get this feature set up.

Firstly you will need to do the following:

1. Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences. The Preferences window appears.
  2. In the System tab, select the I Use Timesheets for [...] and My Week Starts on [...] preference.
  3. If you:
    1. only want to record payroll information, select Payroll from the I Use Timesheets for [...] list.
    2. also want to record activity slips as well as payroll information, select Time Billing and Payroll from the I Use Timesheets for [...] list.
  4. Choose the first day of your timesheet period from the My Week Starts on [...] list.
    If your pay date varies, for example you pay monthly, it doesn't matter which day of the week you select.
  5. Click OK.
  6. Check that you have a valid email address
  7. Check that you have a valid email address
  8. Go to the Setup menu and choose Company Information. The Company Information window appears.
  9. Ensure that a valid email address has been entered in the Email Address field. This will typically be the email address you use to sign into AccountRight.
  10. Click OK.
  11. Check that your employees have valid email addresses
  12. Check that your employees have valid email addresses
  13. Go to the Card File command centre and click Cards List. The Cards List window appears.
  14. Click the Employee tab.
  15. Click the zoom arrow next to the card of an employee that will use MYOB Team. The Card Information window appears.
  16. In the Profile tab, ensure that a valid email address has been entered in the Email field.

This will be the same email address the employee must use to sign in to the MYOB Team app.

1. Click OK.
  2. Repeat from step 3 for all employees that will be using MYOB Team.

You will then need to also check the following:

• If you go to Set up > User access > In this window please check that your role is administrator but the Username is not the 'Adminstrator', this cannot be the Administrator default USER ID. If it is you will need to create a new user ID with your my.myob login
  • Also, In Setup > company information the email address used needs to be the same as the admin email to be used in signup (which would be your email address).

In the Payroll Reporting area check the details in the ATO Settings and ensure the email is the same as in the Company Preferences above.

You will then also need to add your Employees to be Users of the MYOB file, and set up a new role especially for Timesheets

Go to Setup/User Access

Once in there click on the Manage Roles

Click on Time Billing, then Right click your Mouse and Duplicate Role

You can Name your new Role by Clicking in the Name Area and using something like Employee Timesheets

Then in the area to the Right you will need to untick all access by clicking on the area ie Accounts, Banking etc

The only thing that needs to be ticked on is in Payroll and Enter Timesheet

Click Save

Then Add each Employee as a user, give them the role of Employee Timesheets and ensure you tick the This User will sign on with  a my.myob account.

You can then follow the rest of the Tutorial at MYOB from Sign in to MYOB Team and set up the App information.

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Getting+started+with+MYOB+Team?searchfacet=support:help&search...

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, I am having the same problem - when loading the business screen it just continues to load.

I have cleared my cache folder

I have checked that I have timesheet used for payroll

I have checked my email address

I have checked employees details and email address

Thanks Nikki

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,029 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,029Posts

222Kudos

284Solutions

Hi @NikkiM

Thanks for your post. If you go to Set up > User access > In this window is your role an administrator but the User name is not the 'Adminstrator', this cannot be the Administrator default USER ID. If it is Administrator you will need to create a new user ID with your my.myob login.

If you're administrator with a new user ID can you please send me a private message with your serial number and email address.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I'm also having this issue. Have followed the steps in the forum but still getting stuck on the loading screen. 

Thsnks. 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,029 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,029Posts

222Kudos

284Solutions

Hi @RyanM1

Sorry to hear about this. Can you please send me a private message with the following information:

• Serial number 
  • Your full name and email address 
  • Screenshot of loading window 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

What a shame that this thread gives no better advice for people.  I have cleared my Cache, and it is still trying to load - please note this has been day 2 of trying this.

I have tried to research this product - eg how many staff is it good for? With some cloud based products included in accounting packages they note up to 50 staff, if more would move to stand alone package. I can not find this data on this package.

Will this MYOB Team only bring across current staff members, or will it bring across ALL old staff as well.  Once again not able to find this information easily on this product.

Will it allow Timesheets to be updated and inputed over the EOFY period, I do not wish a repeat of the EOFY issues of this current year and want to know that MYOB and its IT team have this sorted for moving forward.

So as it is not possible to review, I am trying to trial it, but am unable to do that either as it will not load.

So not only can I not trial it in the business and make an informed decision, I can not advise other clients on how useful it is.

Can someone please update or link me to where I can locate this data and see if this product is the right answer for our business requirements.  But also why is the page continually trying to load and not suceeding.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,029 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,029Posts

222Kudos

284Solutions

Hi @NthQldConvert

I'm sorry to hear about this. I have requested additional information from the team and waiting for further information to update you in regards to your queries. 

In regards to the loading issue you're experiencing can I please confirm the following:

• Are you set up as administrator ? 
  • Is your email address listed in the Company information window (This can be found by going to set up > Company information)
  • Are you using the default role Administrator within user access or a new role assigned to you with administrator ticked as a role ? (You can find this information in set up > User access)

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,029 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,029Posts

222Kudos

284Solutions

Hi @NthQldConvert

I've had an update from our team in regards to your query, I've attached them below:

• How many staff is the app available for ? There is no set limit, but we suggest it is a great time management solution for small to medium sized businesses.
  • Will it allow timesheets to be updated over the EOFY ? Yes it will

Please do let me know if you have any further questions. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post