7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

MYOB deleting entries

I have recently had 2 intances of entries being deleted. One was an invoice, the more recent all payroll from one date.
I am the only one who uses MYOB, and I didnt delete the entries. But when I have looked for them, they are not there.
I know they were done, as I have hard copies of the entries.

Why would these get deleted? The invoice was easy to rectify - I just went and added it again.

No idea how I am going to fix the payroll as a report has gone to the ATO, and when I do it again it going to reissue it to the ATO. And it was one of the months where we got JobKeeper, just to keep it interesting!
Anyone have any insite why it would be doing this, or what I can do for the payroll deletion??????
And Im pretty sure I dont have a virus problem as I have active virus and malware protection.

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,550 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,550Posts

770Kudos

881Solutions

Re: MYOB deleting entries

Hi @MMcE 

Thanks for your post. Before re-entering any transactions I'd run the Journal Security Audit report to check if those transactions have been deleted. You can find that report in Reports>>Accounts>>Security and Audit>>click on Refinements to filter by deleted transactions.

I'd also check the bank reconciliations, super and payroll reconciliations. If those transactions have been deleted I would expect to see all your reconciliations out of balance.

If you're absolutely sure that the payrun is not recorded in the software you just need to re-process it. Once the report in the Payroll reporting centre has the status Accepted, process a $0 pay with payment date as today to update the YTD amounts in STP. Run the Payroll Activity and YTD verification reports, they should be the same. 

How does STP work?

Please let me know if you need further help with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

gavin12345
Ultimate User
3,273 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,273Posts

2,307Kudos

457Solutions

Re: MYOB deleting entries

Hi @MMcE 

Is your company file online? Has a users done any work offline and restored the file online? Or has the file been restored recently?

The most likely explanation for what you are describing is that you are currently looking at a different file to the one the invoice and payroll transactions were entered into.

Ever since MYOB removed the ability to take the online file offline, with multiple users, this increases the risk of file mix up. For example just before you enter an invoice, another users makes a backup, restores offline and makes changes while file is offline. Meanwhile you enter an invoice into online file. Other user, not aware you have made changes, restores their copy of the file online, replacing the file you entered the invoice into.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post