MYOB file recreation after hard drive failure -payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
mincr9
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB file recreation after hard drive failure -payroll

Hi, my Apple hard drive failed last week and took out my Windows virtual machine that contained my MYOB files.  Fortunately, my accountant had a backup from last financial year so I am able to recreate my transactions for this year using bank feeds.  My question is how do I deal with the STP payroll transactions for my one employee. Will recreating each pay send data to the ATO that will double up their records or is it possible to stop the transfer to the ATO for all but the new pays since they have everything up until the crash.  Plus how do I handle recording Super each month since it has already been processed and authorised up until now.  Do I just ignore the old recorded entries and only process from March? 

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB file recreation after hard drive failure -payroll

Hi @mincr9 

Thanks for your post. The way STP works is that each report is time and date stamped and the ATO use this stamp to determine which report is the most recent, not the pay period in the report. They take the YTD amounts from the most recent report as the up-to-date amounts.

So say the last report you declared had the YTD gross amount as $20,000 and you start your company file again with no payroll information. The next pay you process will be the first in the company file so the YTD amount will be $500, because this is the most recent report the ATO will take $500 as the up-to-date gross wage amount. 

You need to get the YTD amounts correct in AccountRight so that the correct information is sent to the ATO. You can do this by reprocessing each pay, whether you declare the pays through STP is up to you. If you don't declare them they will sit as Unsent in the Payroll reporting centre, which is fine as long as you don't send them later. When you process the first new pay the YTD amounts will be updated in STP.

If you do declare them, process a pay and wait until the status changes to Accepted before processing the next one. This will just keep the reports in order and the YTD amounts will update correctly. 

You need to recreate every transaction, so you will also need to record the super payment transactions without making the actual payments. This help article has step-by-step instructions on reprocessing successfuly paid super contributions: Reversing and reprocessing super payments

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

mincr9
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User