MYOB please listen before its too late as STP is coming soon

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB please listen before its too late as STP is coming soon

I have been using MYOB since 1995 in my business and have wated MYOB grow as my business has grown. For many years i have been a MYOB avocate but can no longer praise MYOB as they are clearly just forcing all the Premier users to online versions. It seems now with STP you have your weapon .  MYOB you clearly don't understand the pain that distruption causes when internet is slow and drops out and you have 5 users sitting at the desk not beingable to do any work. Why can't you just listen to your customers who are clearly telling you we dont want our data files to go in the cloud .  There are companies like Message Exchange who are offering data transfer services to connect with the ATO so we know it can be done. If you dont listen and act we will simply walk away from MYOB and never look back.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager
5,964 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,964Posts

2,206Kudos

477Solutions

Re: MYOB please listen before its too late as STP is coming soon

Hi @Joe_DiMaria,

Thank you for your post and feedback. Sorry you feel this way. We would definitely hate to lose a long time advocate. 

Please rest assured, that in order to use the STP enabled version of AccountRight, your company file does not need to be online. You just need a reliable internet connection at the time of processing payrolls.

That said, we understand that not all businesses are able to move an STP enabled online version of AccountRight. Such businesses have been granted an STP reporting deferral until 31 May 2019.

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further queries on the topic. 

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,668 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,668Posts

1,046Kudos

127Solutions

Hi @Joe_DiMaria - welcome to the Community Forum !

THe lastest versions of AccountRight - 2017.2 and the new 2018.1 upgrade - work fine, either online or offline - and can easily be switched to either mode, at the click of a button.

You can work in Offline mode, doing everything you would in Online mode, and still get bank-feeds and send payroll info (e.g. Pay Super), provided you have an Internet connection at that time.

Users in regional Australia, with slower Internet access, often work mainly in Offline mode

Fortunately here in Darwin, most users work in Online mode, as across the city we have fibre-to-premises (FTP) NBN connections.

(The NBN Co. felt using street nodes and the existing copper cables to the premises (FTTN), was too risky and so spent the extra money - due to copper corrosion in our wet climate).

I believe the new STP update that's coming this year, will be able to send data to the ATO even in offline mode, provided there's an Internet connection at that time (so the Internet link doesn't have to be permanent - just for the few minutes to transmit the data, will suffice).

I often recommend that users with bigger payrolls - say more that 15 employees - consider switching to Offline mode before doing payrolls, then switch back to Online later, as AccountRight runs faster when in Offline (or Local) mode - as there's no need to access the Online "cloud" file, during the pay-run. It just gets updated when you switch to Online mode.

Kym Yeoward CPA

Darwin

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB is not listening and just continually push for the online version. We all know that you can work offline but you don't have to switch between when you use the desktop version and it is so much more powerful with reporting. Yes they now have their weapon which is unfair on the Premier users who will now be forced into using this inferior product because they don't want to support & develop Premier anymore.

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,083 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,083Posts

784Kudos

197Solutions

Hi @Kay_

I find the new LIve versions far superior to the Classic Desktop, even considering speed and occasional connectivity issues. I moved all my clinets a couple of years ago, and have never looked back.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your advice on MessageXchange. I will certainly be looking into this. No matter what we Premier users say, all responses from MYOB reps are the same. I'm pretty annoyed.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post