Making a one off additional employer superannuation payment above the superannuation guarantee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SteveM70
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Making a one off additional employer superannuation payment above the superannuation guarantee

Hi,

I have a question on some additional employer superannuation payments that we just need to make as a one-off prior to year end.

I have read the below link:

Additional superannuation contributions - MYOB AccountRight - MYOB Help Centre

But given that all other normal wages payments have already been made to the employees, should I simply process the payments through the bank to their superannuation funds and then report in the year end Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions when finalising the pay year ?? 

Eg , If employee X is given $10,000 as an additional employer super contribution on top of the standard 10% superannuation guarantee that they have already received,do I simply report it per below link and pay it to their super fund?

Payment summaries: Reportable employer super - MYOB AccountRight - MYOB Help Centre

Cheers,

Steve

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Making a one off additional employer superannuation payment above the superannuation guarantee

Hi @SteveM70 

Thanks for your post. Generally speaking, reportable super payments need to be reported to the ATO through STP. To do this you would need to process a pay for the additional super contribution using the Employer additional superannuation payroll category and applicable ATO reporting category.

If you're not sure how your employee's additional super payment needs to be reported you will need to check with the ATO or your accountant.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post