Sharon19
1 Post
User
Sharon19

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Making a special duty exempt from accruing leave and Super

I have a special duty set up for two employees that does not accrue leave nor superannuation, but is taxable.

I thought I had set it up correctly (by going into the SGC and exempting the special duty, ditto for the leave), but by exempting it, the super is calculated on the Gross minus the special duty, rather than including the special duty in the Gross amount.  The tax amount still works out to be correct though, and the leave is prevented from accruing extra hours.

When I try starting a payrun for that employee, the super still comes out as the Gross minus special duty, even though I haven't input the special duty for the week??  

Has anybody come across this and is there a solution?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,069 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7069Posts

496Kudos

1122Solutions

Re: Making a special duty exempt from accruing leave and Super

Hi @Sharon19 

Based on your description, it appears to be set up correctly. Assuming your superannuation calculation basis is set to 9.5% of 'Gross Wages', with this duty category ticked in the Exempt list. It means super will be calculated based on (total gross wage - exempted categories). This is correct since you do not wish to accrue super on this special duty.

Additionally, superannuation calculation checks the total wage and total super already recorded in a given month, then adjust itself accordingly in the next pay (within the same month) if needed. I'd suggest following this Help article to find out how super is calculated, and how to check if the calculations are correct: Checking and adjusting superannuation

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post