Missing Superannuation entries

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MGProdan
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Missing Superannuation entries

Hello, 

I have processed super for 3 fortnightly payruns (10Jun, 24Jun and 8Jul). 3 of our employees are with VicSuper, which has merged with another fund at the end of June 2020. Because their detailes were not updated on time in the employee card file, for these 3, MYOB returned the message "The superfund detailes entered for XXX, are invalid". At the time, I've skipped these 3 employees and processed the rest of the payments.

After updating their new superfund details, we ran the super payment again only for the 3 previously skipped employees, but the "Pay Superannuation" screen, prompted us with the entries only for the last fortnight ending 8Jul2020. Entries for 10Jun and 24Jun were missing.

So, at the moment, for these 3 employees:

- We have paid our liability only for the fortnight ending 8 Jul2020 and are unable to pay the super for the fortnights ending 10Jun and 24Jun;  

- in the "Manage Payments" screen, we only have the pays processed for the fortnight ending 8Jul2020 AND

- in the "Pay Superannuation " screen we do not have any entries related to the fortnights ending 10Jun and 24Jun. 

I tried to find a solution in previous posts, but wasn't able to.

At this point, the only solution I can come up with is to run a NIL payroll - only with super figures- and pay super as normal. But this it will double up the liability in the BS and I will have to adjust it through a GJ.

Please help me clarify how to pay their super without doubling up. 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Missing Superannuation entries

Hi @MGProdan 

If you go to Payroll>>Pay Liabilities and select the Liability type as Superannuation with the correct dates, do those transactions show up there? If not, can you please send us the screenshot of the actual payroll transactions for those fortnights, Pay super screen and pay liabilities screen. You can also send them by a Private Message if they contain any sensitive information.

If you haven't paid the previous super liabilties, they should still be in the system and if we cannot find them anywhere, we will then have to look at other possibilities.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MGProdan
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Kormal_S, 

Thank you. I was able to find the entries under the Pay Liabilities. How do I pay the owing Super from there?

I was under the impression you can only pay super from the Pay Superannuation window.

Thank you

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @MGProdan 

If they are appearing under Pay liablities, they must be on the Pay Superannuation screen too. There are few things you can try to check, first being going to Lists>>Superannuation Funds and opening the fund that is connected to this employee's card. Please ensure that "Pay super using AccountRight" is ticked for the fund, if it's not ticked, the superannuation payments linked to this fund will not appear on the Pay super screen. 

Secondly, check if the employee is linked to the correct superannuation fund  as if they are linked to a fund for which the above option is not ticked, the transactions won't appear. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MGProdan
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Komal_S , 

That workedSmiley Happy. Amasing what a little tick can do when overlooked!

Thank you very much

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post