Moving an employee from Salary Expense to Salary COS

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BenchCBS
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

46Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Moving an employee from Salary Expense to Salary COS

Hi

I have been asked to move a F/T employee who is on salary from the normal expense salary account to a COS account as he is our sole maintenance person so they want the allocation of his costs separate to the rest.

I set up a Wages & Salary - Maintenance in COS along with a Superannuation - Maintenance.

The Maintenance SG and Salary I have set up as per below.

SG Maintenance.JPGsalary - maintenance.JPG

I have selected the Maintenance SG in the employees card file as their default and have also selected Maintenance Salary (MYOB does not allow for Base Salary to be deselected).

When I run the employees pay in a test run, the salary is going entirely to Base Salary and the Maintenance SG is calculating correctly only after I manually remove the Base Salary amount and enter it under Maintenance Salary.

Is the Maintenance Salary going to have to be entered manually each time, or is there a step I am missing?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Moving an employee from Salary Expense to Salary COS

Hi @BenchCBS 

When you produce a pay for an employee the system will look at the Standard Pay of an employee. If the standard pay does contain a value, which is likely in this case, it will pull that information onto the Pay Employee window. If you don't need to pay that value i.e. you don't want Base Salary but another category you would need to navigate to the Standard Pay and update the Amount field to remove that value and replace with another value if needed. For example, go into the Card File>>Cards Lists>>Select the employee's card>>Payroll Details tab>>Standard Pay>>Overtype the Base Salary value to be $0.00 and enter the dollar value against the required category (Maintenance Salary). 

From a superannuation point of view, I don't see any problem with the way in which the category is set up. Although, it is worth noting that as its a new category it will attempt to backdate the superannuation calculation for this month. So if you have a pay already in the system for August and need to another pay for the month then you would need to manually update the superannuation amount to be 9.5% for that pay. This will correct itself with a new month.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

BenchCBS
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

46Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Moving an employee from Salary Expense to Salary COS

Thanks @Steven_M 

That has corrected the issue. The SG is running at the correct rate of 9.5%.

Much appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post