Multiple 'Base Hourly' rates

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
vidario
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

6Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Multiple 'Base Hourly' rates

Hi there

We have several staff members who work across several programs, meaning that they effectively have several base hourly rates (up to three), and are paid at different rates depending on the job they do within the payroll period (fortnight). So far so good.

The 'problem' is that most of these hours worked come with loadings/allowances. The loading (e.g. 50% Saturday loading) will only get calculated on the main Base Hourly rate (e.g. $30). So when an employee also requires loading for their othwe two rates (e.g. $25 and $35), this means I have to manually calculate these loadings every time. 

Now there doesn't appear to be any built-in way around this, and my initial idea of creating several employee cards for the same employee would surely have tax implications? But in the hope that there must be others out there with the same problem, I'd love to hear how you get around this, if at all.

Thanks in advance! 
Smiley Happy 

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Multiple 'Base Hourly' rates

Hi @vidario 

AccountRight will only allow for the employee to have one hourly rate listed in the employee record. This stored in the employee's card>>Payroll Details>>Wages -- Hourly rate. 

If an employee would have multiple hourly rates, typically users would have an extra wage category set up for the employee. This particular category will have the fixed hourly amount of the desired rate with the necessary employee(s) linked to that category.

In terms of allowances and other categories, typically you would do the same thing i.e. a set up another payroll category with the desired fixed hourly rate and the employees linked.

Our Help Article: Wages has more information on setting up those wage categories.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post