MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Multiple Child Support Categories

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Eliane
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Eliane
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Multiple Child Support Categories

Currently I have only one Child Support category, but now I have two employees, one is at $0.09/dollar calculated from his gross wages (or 9% of his gross). Another employee is a fixed rate per pay period. One Child Support category can't handle this... Is creating multiple Child Support categories the only way around this? I use the Standard Pay feature to set it in there, but it will only work properly if the Child Support category is set up properly.

Many thanks!

Elle

3 REPLIES
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Eliane
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Child Support Deductions queries

That's the problem I'm having, currently one Child Support category was enough, but now I have two employees, one is at $0.09/dollar calculated from his gross wages (or 9% of his gross). Another employee is a fixed rate per pay period. One Child Support category can't handle this... Is creating multiple Child Support categories the only way around this?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
26,749 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

26749Posts

3104Kudos

3923Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Eliane

Payroll categories are created and then linked to the relevant employees. When you make a change to that payroll category it will affect all employees linked to that category.

If you do need to make a change to one employee or set up the category for a new category with a different calculation basis you would be looking at creating a new payroll category and linked the appropriate employee(s). You can create a new category by going to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Selecting the appropriate tab and then selecting New.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Eliane
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steve!

We had multiple employees before with CSA payments, it's just because now, one of them is on a percentage basis. I can see that there's no other way around than create categories for different formulas. Thanks for your feedback!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post