Myob Accountright Server Edition - New Upgrade 17th Mar 2022

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,008 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,008Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Re: Myob Accountright Server Edition - New Upgrade 17th Mar 2022

Hi @NotHappy1  and @cramptons 

Not sure about MYOB's explanation for why company files have to be online with STP Phase 2 reporting - I am not aware of any ATO security requirements for Phase 2 which were different to those for Phase 1 - and nothing in the ATO documentation about this.

And if all files have to be online for STP Reporting Phase 2, doesn't that make the Server Edition or running AR2022 over a network 'redundant'?

What I would suggest is to stick with Phase 1 as long as possible (to the deadline Jan 2023 ). MYOB might change their stance by them. If not and you can't/won't put file online for STP Phase 2, you could use STP Creator for STP compliance. It works with offline AR2022 files and certainly gives you more control over what goes to the ATO.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Julie-G
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey - I cannot access a Private message to you to send through our file details, how do I do this?

Thank you, Julie

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Julie-G 

It's safe to send the last FOUR digits of the serial number and Company file ID on a public post. If you would prefer to send that information privately please click on this link: private message

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

cramptons
Experienced Cover User
152 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

152Posts

39Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Gavin,

we 100% don't want to put our file online, it is working fine just the way it is.

It is interesting that there is not an ATO directive re the security!!

I will sit it out to the end of the year, in the hope that MYOB will sort something out, or do what our accountant is pushing for, and change to another programme.

Albert_De Giouveia
Contributing Partner
8 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

The statement "certainly gives you more control over what goes to the ATO".

Well it is not up to the public/business to decide what they want to send to the ATO and if STP is what is required, I don't see why having your file online makes a difference to facilitate this as the file is not sent to the ATO, just the STP data, based on the criteria set? If the ATO want to see your books, they will request them and not try access your MYOB file. Yes, agree if you work on a farm or area where there is no internet service a 'local file is great'.

With MYOB Business which will replace MYOB AR eventually, there is no option for a 'local data' file. Big brother will be in your living room soon, watch out.

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,008 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,008Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @Albert_De Giouveia 

Sorry I could have been clearer about 'more control'. What I meant is that MYOB does not allow you to preview and check how something it is being reported. You can see what, but not how. So if you have made a mistake with assigning something to wrong field, this is not obvious, not until after you have lodged. If you could see something is assigned incorrectly, you can cancel and not send the incorrect data. 

STP Creator presents all of the data and how it is being reported to the ATO for you to preview and check, and if necessary correct it before it is sent.

The issue some users have with online files is one of security and risk of data breaches, not just performance. When the file is local, you have more control about who sees and accesses your file. 

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 

I too cannot understand why STP2 forces client's to upload their local files to their online repository when STP2 didn't.

MYOB needs to explain this push but it seems to be that MYOB are simply moving to a XERO type situation where there is no longer a local file.

If this isn't their intention then why is the requirement to go to STP2 forcing client's online?

The Doc

Antcity
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

I haven't heard anything about needing to move online - are you talking about 100% online version or a hybrid? We currently use a hybrid, so desktop software with some components online to enable the STP to work. Can anyone point me to more info about "company files have to be online with STP Phase 2 reporting"

Thanks!

OliverJ
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

another voice here for removing the online requirement for MYOB's STP Phase 2 implementation.

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,008 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,008Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @The_Doc 

Apparently the reasoning behind the move to force all users online (using STP Phase 2 as pretext - just as MYOB did with STP Phase and the move from v19) is to eventually force all users to use the Browser - and this can only be done while the file in online.

We will see more and more 'fixes' or ways to solve a 'problem' will be to use the Browser. MYOB will fix the problem for Browser users but not desktop users - we have already seen this with the Salary Sacrifice issue.

MYOB have made no secret of their focus being on the Browser (with the desktop AccountRight to be discontinued - they haven't been up front about this though).

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post