New ESA for SMSF

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CB19
Experienced User
32 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

32Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

New ESA for SMSF

Hi,

An employee with a SMSF has advised that the ESA for the fund has changed.  As I understand the Pay Super system, SMSF's cannot be edited, a new fund must be entered and linked to the employee

When I tried to do this for a previous employee whose ESA had changed, the next Pay Super payment could not be processed (error messages kept popping up).  For that employee, I had to re-link employee card to the  to the original SMSF to successfully process the payment.  The card has remained linked to original SMSF with the outdated ESA, and payments are successfully landing in the correct super fund account. 

Can anyone advise me how to update the details of a SMSF and process the next payment without error messages?  And how crucial is it to have the correct ESA for a super fund in the Pay Super system?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: New ESA for SMSF

Hi @CB19 

Generally speaking if you’re receiving a red cross on the pay super system, it means that something is failing the validation. Ticking only one contribution for this employee should produce a second cross either beside the employee’s name or their super fund. You can see what has failed the validation check by hovering your mouse over the cross beside the employee’s name or super fund.

As the ESA forms part of the information being sent through with the contribution, depending on the host of the smsf, if the ESA was incorrect this could prevent the contributions from being received into the employee’s super fund

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

HI @CB19 

I wanted to check, how did you get on with addressing the red cross that was coming up when you were trying to process the superannuation payments?

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CB19
Experienced User
32 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

32Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

Thanks for replying to my query.  I've only just tried processing a payment using the new SMSF entry today.  The error messages I referred to occurred earlier this year when I tried to do the same for another employee.  

Thankfully this time I was able to enter a new SMSF, link it to the employee card, and process the payment with no error messages.  

Thanks again for replying and checking in Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post