New TFN and Tax Tables

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
lynn561237
Trusted User
29 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

29Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

New TFN and Tax Tables

Hi, 

The new TFN form only has 1 option for HELP & FS but MYOB has them down as separate options under Tax Tables... Which option should we select if the employee has ticked 'Yes' to the question?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Re: New TFN and Tax Tables

Hi @lynn561237 

Thanks for your post. As this is a tax reporting and ATO related inquiry, I would suggest speaking with your accountant.  Although I am not able to provide this information, we do have partners on the community forum who may be able to assist with this. Similarly you can contact the ATO for what situation is relevant for you. 

I hope this clarifies.  If your inquiry becomes resolved please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users with the same inquiry find this information easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

lynn561237
Trusted User
29 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

29Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Theresa,

The query refers more to the fact that the new TFN form combines HELP + FS together in a single option - but MYOB still has HELP and FS as separate options under Tax Tables. It is a query specific to MYOB as a product, not an ATO related query I would think?

Thanks.

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @lynn561237 

Apologies, the only changes I'm aware of are shown below. I am not aware of the specifics you're looking at or how they compare to previous versions. 

entitlements 2.PNG

I hope this clarifies.

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

lynn561237
Trusted User
29 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

29Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Theresa,

Sorry I should have included screenshots to give a better picture. This is what I mean:

As you can see below the TFN form has a single option for HELP, FS, VSL, SSL and TSL. But when selecting the Tax Table in MYOB (also as below), FS and HELP are listed separately. So do you then select HELP, FS, or HELP + FS in MYOB?

This TFN.JPGMYOB.JPG

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @lynn561237 

Thank you for clarifying and providing the screenshots.  For this selection it will depend on what is relevant to the employee, MYOB just provides these options.  So if only one applies, select the relevant one, if both apply you can select Tax free threshold HELP + FS. If you're still unsure of which to select then it's a question for the employee or your tax accountant. 

I hope this clarifies. If this answers your inquiry please mark ‘Accept as Solution’ so other users can find this information easier.

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

lynn561237
Trusted User
29 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

29Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Hi @Theresa_D 

Thanks for clarifying. We also found out via a couple of tests that there doesn't seem to be any difference when selecting just Tax free threshold + HELP, or Tax free threshold + HELP + FS, or Tax free threshold + FS. So all good I guess :-) 

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @lynn561237 

I'm glad it's all sorted now! Feel free to utilize the forum if you have other inquiries, tips or advice. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Chuck_Mak
Partner
103 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

103Posts

28Kudos

3Solutions

Personally I think MYOB should update its product in line with the ATO.  That is, there are no longer three different outcomes for student loans, ie. FS, HELP, or FS + HELP.

The employee only answers YES or NO for question #10 on the TFN Declaration form so the MYOB software should be bought in-line with this to avoid confusion.

Abacus Bookkeeping Centre
(02) 8005 7495
Registered BAS Agent
www.AbacusBC.com.au

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post