New employee using our nominated super fund

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KylieZ
Experienced Partner
22 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

22Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

New employee using our nominated super fund

Hi,

I have a new employee starting, and they have chosen to use our nominated super fund. As they are new to this fund they don't have a membership number. I called our Super fund, and they mentioned that all I had to do was to write "new" in the member number in MYOB and this will be accepted and they will set it up from there. Is this correct? Or should I have our employee fill out an application form prior?

Thanks

Kylie

4 REPLIES 4
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: New employee using our nominated super fund

Hi @KylieZ 

I assume you are using one of our SuperStream compliant methods to make super payments - Pay Superannuation or MYOB Super Portal. For that each employee needs a valid & unique employee membership number. 

If the employee doesn't have a membership number, generally you can contact the nominated super fund who would advice what to enter in that field. This wouldn't work if more than 1 employee are using the same generic membership number in the same super payment. When recording Pay Super transactions, it will also verify the format of the employee membership number against the rules of the selected super fund to ensure they are validated.

So while you can certainly try using 'new' for this employee for now, I would recommend setting this employee up with a real employee membership number first to avoid possible rejections. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KylieZ
Experienced Partner
22 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

22Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks @CloverQ ,

Yes, I am using the MYOB Super portal, sorry, I should have pointed that out instead of assuming you would know this!!

The fund said "New" would work, so basically I was double checking to see whether it would from a MYOB side of things, as since using the portal I've never come across someone who has never had a super account.

Thanks for your help.

Kylie

HBNC
Trusted Cover User
21 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

21Posts

5Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Kylie,

I was just wondering if this worked for you? We have two new employees just started this wek and both have nominated our super fund. I am currious as to whether the word 'new' would work as well and there after was a member number just loaded in automatically?

KylieZ
Experienced Partner
22 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

22Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @HBNC 

I ended up emailing my super fund and they told me to put in

unknown for new staff member 1 and

unknown2 for new staff member 2.

You will then need to remember if you get any other new ones to put 3, 4 etc.

It worked a treat, the staff member got their new package, and I just grabbed their number off of them and entered it into MYOB.

Hope it works, let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Cheers

Kylie

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post