Offline Payroll Processes No Journal Entries

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
lenardb01
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Offline Payroll Processes No Journal Entries

Hello

My Accountright Plus data file v2023.4.1.8 runs completely offline from "Local Library".  Apart from Payroll, I was not using the online features of the software.

For STP I have subscribed to Online Payroll to process a couple of pays.

To keep the figures right in Myob, I have been simulateously running the payroll in AccRight for the last month.

They appeared to be working with no errorrs. It was not asking at the end to log onto the ATO.

But I have just noticed there are no payroll journal entries for the last 2 pays.  In fact there is no record in AccRight for the last 2 pays at all.  It's like they vanished.

I have looked at the forums and see mention of a "No Reporting Specification hotfix" for similar payroll issues but dont see a recent version and Im not sure its the right fix.

Questions:

(A) Suggestions to fix no payroll journal entries?

(B) Is there a way to export transactions from Online Payroll to Accountright?

Any help appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Re: Offline Payroll Processes No Journal Entries

Hi @lenardb01 

Thank you for posting. 

Previously we encouraged customers to go online to be in STP phase 2 as per ATO's requirement. This may be the reason you're not able to see it completely since in STP phase 2 there is already a report of all your pays that you can access anytime. I would suggest that you look into this Help Article Getting ready for STP Phase 2 for more information.

You mentioned that you have an Online Payroll. Is this an MYOB Product or do you report your Payroll using a different program?

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

lenardb01
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello

Its Myob Simple Payroll or Cloud Payroll through the Apps Myob website to comply to STP2.

My most pressing issue is why wont my Myob record payroll journal entries when performing a Payroll run when offline.

Len

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @lenardb01 

If your file is offline, please download this hotfix tool (right-click on this link, copy the link address, and paste it to a new window) and update your file by following the steps given below:

1. Extract the contents of the zip file to the desktop.

2. Right-click the AccountRight_Hotfix.exe application and choose Run as Administrator.

3. Browse to a file or drag a file onto the tool.

4. Make sure you have a backup of the file and Apply the fix.

5. Try processing the payroll again and let us know how you go on. 

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

lenardb01
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello

Tried the hotfix but get this error. Any newer version?

Hotfix Fail.JPG

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,954 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,954Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Hi @lenardb01 

Can't see your image (until it is unblocked by a moderator). However I don't think the hotfix (even if there was a later version) is the issue here.

If you have processed the payroll in your offline AR2023 file, it is odd that the payroll transactions do not appear there. The most likely explanation is that there has been a file mixup, the copy of the file you entered the payroll transactions into originally is not the same copy you are now looking at. This can happen when someone has restored a backup and overridden the copy of the file - check to see if all other transactions around the same time are still in the file. Or if you have 2 copies of the file with similar names, you may have inadvertently opened the wrong one from the Recently opened list. I recommend you use file open rather than selecting from the recently opened list until this issue is resolved.

That aside, it does seems strange that you duplicate the entire payroll from your online system to your local file. Most users who use a 'STP solution' the way you are would simply enter the payroll transactions as a general journal in the local MYOB file so the P&L account and the Balance Sheet is correct and reflects the payroll transactions.

Another thought, perhaps form 1 July, is to consider using a STP solution that avoids all of these issues and does not require you to re-enter anything. I am referring specifically to STP Creator, an STP solution that was designed to work with your offline MYOB file. You would process your payroll once in your offline AR2023 file, then run STP Creator. This extracts the relevant payroll data from your MYOB file and allows you to lodge it directly with the ATO. On payday the reporting process takes approx 1-2 minutes. Far less than what it would take you to re-enter payroll, and risk making a mistake when re-entering. Cost is $111 pa for up to 4 employees. Not sure how much you are paying for your online payroll at the moment, however, you may find it easier than your current approach. Weigh it all up.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
lenardb01
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello

I've used Myob for 25+ years.  I understand what your getting at with the file names but that is not the issue here.  Im a "micro" user, only myself to pay - so duplicating the payroll is not a big issue (yes, somewhat inefficient).  The Online Payroll is $10 a month. ACRight is now $136 a month. Just trying to cutt costs for features Im not using.

As for the hotfix, it fails with an "out of date error". Changing the computer date to 2021 allowed the fix to run, but it doesn't fix the payroll not journalling.

Update:

I rang MYOB support today. They say the hot fix is no longer supported.

Also they said RUNNING PAYROLL OFFLINE is NOT SUPPORTED.  You have to have a paid up subscription to input a payroll run in your software. 

My understanding of Accountright was that if I didn't pay the subscription I could still use it fully (except obviously for the online components)..... so I think disabling payroll is a load of #$%^.

That would make the STP Creator useless as well.  I dont understand!

Thoughts anyone, confirmations, or did I get a dud support person?

Frustratedly

Len

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,954 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,954Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Hi @lenardb01 

I suspect with MYOB nothing is 'supported' unless you are paying then money constantly.

There are many people who use AR2023 offline without a subscription and record payroll. So something seems wrong at your end. It might be a problem with your file. It the cause was 'payroll is not supported offline' you would not be able to process the transactions. From what I understand you processed transactions however they now seem to have disappeared.

If you are sure it is not a file mixup, what happens now when you process payroll in AR2023? Log out and log back in, are the transactions there? If not perhaps outline step by step what exactly you are doing. Your comment about not being prompted to log into MYOB's Payroll Reporting centre is also unusual. For STP Phase 1 if the file is registered for STP, you will be required to log in. If the file is not registered for STP, then you are not prompted to log in. Odd that you should mention this if the file is not registered.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
lenardb01
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the interest Gavin

To add insult to injury, I asked to cancel my subscription in April & received a confirmation... but they still took money in June.

Heres a sequence of screen shots of the payroll processing.  This site only allows 5 pics in one post, see the next post for the rest.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
lenardb01
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos