One employee with 2 different pay rates and different general ledger codes.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KarenM
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

One employee with 2 different pay rates and different general ledger codes.

Hello, I need some assistance please.

One of our employees is paid as a Manager and he also is a Director.

His pay as a manager is coded to salaries and wages.

As a Director his payment needs to be coded to Director Fees.

How do I go about recording these 2 different payments in Payroll?

Two employee cards, although I think this may impact the payment of superannuation??

Code all to salaries and wages through payroll and then prepare a journal and Credit Salaries and Wages and Debit the Director Fees account??

Some help please.

Thankyou

Karen

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: One employee with 2 different pay rates and different general ledger codes.

Hi @KarenM 

You could look at doing the following:

• Set up the one employee card for the employee
  • On that employee card, within the Payroll Details>>Wages - you would enter this "normal" salary and set the Wages Expense Account to be the account associated with those wages. For example, if they would receive the Manager wages more than it would set it to be the Wages and Salaries account.
  • For the other (director's) amount, you would go to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>Wages>>New. You would create a new wage category for that employee. On that category, you would select Override Employee's Wage Expense Account and enter that desired account code. You would also need to select the Employee button and tick the relevant employee.

What the above process will do have two payroll categories for that employee. When you wanted to pay the employee the manager amount you would use that category and as a director that category. As you have set the account codes accordingly it will filter through to the associated expense account.

Due to the complicated nature of director fees and other factors, I would recommend consulting a payroll expert and accountant to ensure that the above sets up that employee as required and will result in the appropriate reporting.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post