Overpaid Employer Additional super refunded

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Mummaraf
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Overpaid Employer Additional super refunded

An employee was incorrectly paid employer additional superannuation, and we managed to get this refunded by the super fund, and this is currently sitting as unreconciled income in the bank account.

An adjusting pay run has reversed this superannuation paid so the employee's payroll is now correct, but this has resulted in a negative pay liability.   I can't just pay this off with Pay Super, as it will incorrectly reduce the required SGC payment for the employee.   How do I resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,119 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,119Posts

102Kudos

229Solutions

Re: Overpaid Employer Additional super refunded

Hi @Mummaraf 

Thank you so much for your post. You can record a receive money transaction under the correct bank account on where you received the refund from super fund. And may I ask if it still showing as negative on pay super window? If so, you can go to pay liabilities and record that payment with the same amount and same date the adjustment pay was recorded,

Please do let me know if you have further queries we'll be happy to help.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Mummaraf
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply Earl_HD.
Unfortunately you can't process a negative amount in Pay Liabilities. This is where the problem lies.  How do I work around this?
Mummaraf
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry @Earl_HD forgot to tag you in my comment.

Here it is again.

Thanks for your reply Earl_HD.
Unfortunately you can't process a negative amount in Pay Liabilities. This is where the problem lies.  How do I work around this?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post